Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprinkler Controller for Review

Hi Certification board!

I have a Sprinkler Controller project ready for review. I'm not planning on taking the CLD for a while, so feel free to add your input even if this post is a little old.

This time I got the project done in 3 and a half hours. Using quick drop really helped... As did having cohesive VIs that were loosely coupled for easier testing.

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,920 Views)

OK, I'll give a second review.  (Usually I do not)

B+

Working code is working code!   Maintainable and extensible code is just about a P-C Events template mastery away.  That event structure within a state macine IS a killer for adapting new project scale. 

Let the consumer loop deal with the commands, the GUI needs to either disable input or respond to the user pressing and clicking.  

Users tend to generate "Events" when they feel the application is not "Feeling their needs."

Event Structures NEED to pass off the actions to another loop for processing....( Set Busy or disable controls as needed!) 

The darned user should not get in the way of good software doing what it is expected to do.

On the other hand - a WELL TRAINED" user would have no trouble - Not bad at allSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,905 Views)

First, thanks for the review! Second, I don't recall a first review, but that's ok, we all look the same on here Smiley Wink

I totally agree with what you're saying about having the event structure in a producer loop and the events being processed in a consumer loop. That being said, I would never code like this for work. My approach for the CLD is to take the simplest working approach possible to reduce debug time from making a simple mistake.

Thanks again for your review! It definitly gives me the confidence to go forward! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,898 Views)

When are you taking the CLD? You're blazing through these practice exams!

I've only done the Boiler/ATM practices so far and I don't want to look at someone else's solution before then! If feedback is still useful in a couple weeks, I'll check it out then. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,872 Views)