Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprinkler Controller Review

Hi,

At first very happy Christmas to all, my apology for disturbing you in Christmas holidays. 

Since i took 2 weeks from my last practice exam (busy with onsite visit), here am attaching the Sprinkler Controller for REVIEW.Please make a review and point me the direction to CLD. Critiques and feedbacks are welcome.

Attached back saved version in 2010 also.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,405 Views)
Hey guys any reply.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,358 Views)

Few comments about documentation and style

Documentation missing for LEDs and Numeric Indicator in ZOne Indicators typedef
You can fit it into single screen size.
I see some overlap of code as soon as I open main vi. Status property of error wire over the border of Case structure on the right hand side
Un-Initialize shift registers
Handling of Error out on main vi
alignment of items on block diagram

Anil Punnam
CLD
LV 2012, TestStand 4.2..........
Message 3 of 5
(6,335 Views)

@Anil_Reddy wrote:

I see some overlap of code as soon as I open main vi. Status property of error wire over the border of Case structure on the right hand side

In 2012 version, the OR function accepts error terminal and boolean control. Backsaved the same in 2010 cause overlap control.

remains this all points you mentioned are true. Hope will take care of l those things

Thanks for your review Anil.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,323 Views)

Stephen,

Nice code, clean architecture, good style. There were a few bugs after the run cycle. You forgot to put a constant on the IDLE case for the zone indicators, and the IDLE status, it stays in RUNNING and the indicators are not cleared, which at first glance looks like the program is hung. Someone previous mentioned the lack of documenting constants, but in that space of time its easy to forget little things. 

Good job, I really like this architecture and coding style. 

Steven Howell

LabVIEW Consultant

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

VI Design Group, Inc.

Certified NI Alliance Partner

Steven Howell
Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Jacobs Technologies
NASA Johnson Space Center
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,227 Views)