Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Exam Solutions for Review

Hi Wiebe,

Sincerely appreciate the feedback given by you. I will take note on the future wiring and documentation. Do you have any suggestions such that I could further cut development time if I were to use the Queue State Machine for the CLD Exam?

0 Kudos
Message 551 of 623
(5,576 Views)

The result looks pretty efficient, apart from copied states.

I have no idea how you created it, or how to increase speed.

Auto tool and quick drop increase speed, but you probably use at least the auto tool. QD + ctrl+W would wire all those queue functions together automatically, saving a lot of time.

In my experience, the state machine cases, especially the copies, ruin your efficiency. Copying and then revising them for changes should be avoided. Not only is this terrible for efficiency, it's also a source of mistakes and wiring mess.

BTW I would recommend to never name a queue. It's a mistake to do so, as it effectively creates a global recourse. I've seen it go wrong, where libraries used the same queue names. But it wouldn't matter for the CLD.

0 Kudos
Message 552 of 623
(5,568 Views)

Hello everyone,

Preparing for the CLA exam, here is my CLA elevator and ATM exam attempts. (LabVIEW 2019)

Nothing fancy, a classic architecture using FIFOS to communicate between modules. 

I have completed this attempt in 3h15 as it was not the first exam attempt. 

Thanks for any feedback. I hope it can also provide some ideas about modules implementation. 

Best regards, 

Mourad FAKHFAKH, Certified LabVIEW Developer

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 553 of 623
(5,551 Views)

Hi Forum Members,

Appreciate if you could help me vet through the boiler controller VI that I have done up. I have uploaded the file in LV15 version. Do give me feedback and comments if anything is lacking, appreciate it!

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 554 of 623
(5,522 Views)

Could you review my ATM CLD sample exam attempt.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 555 of 623
(5,206 Views)

@piterx wrote:

Could you review my ATM CLD sample exam attempt.

Thank you in advance

I think this would be instant disqualification, but I might miss something.

When I open the project, I see the Main.vi. I open it, and it can't find a VI (account opperation.vi).

Now I see there's an Automatic Teller Machine (ATM).vi. It is not in the project! I think the name of the top level VI is provided. Stick to it.

You have to take care about that. An examiner has to and will follow the rules and procedures. It's broken (for me) so 0 points.

When submitting your solution, close it and open it at least once.

I thought I'd evaluate the rest of the code, assuming it's in Automatic Teller Machine (ATM).vi. But that one is empty.

The main.vi has lots of crossing and bended wires, objects overlapping wires, etc.:

ATM Feedback.PNG

That will be tested automatically, and you'll loose points on that.

You can wire the error wire directly to Boolean operators, no need to unbundle.

The documentation looks great. Just don't let the comment overlap enums...

0 Kudos
Message 556 of 623
(5,197 Views)

@mourad_FAKHFAKH wrote:

Hello everyone,

Preparing for the CLA exam, here is my CLA elevator and ATM exam attempts. (LabVIEW 2019)

Nothing fancy, a classic architecture using FIFOS to communicate between modules. 

I have completed this attempt in 3h15 as it was not the first exam attempt. 

Thanks for any feedback. I hope it can also provide some ideas about modules implementation. 

Best regards, 

Mourad FAKHFAKH, Certified LabVIEW Developer

Are you still looking for feedback or did you do the exam already? 

0 Kudos
Message 557 of 623
(5,194 Views)

@cyongjed wrote:

Hi Forum Members,

Appreciate if you could help me vet through the boiler controller VI that I have done up. I have uploaded the file in LV15 version. Do give me feedback and comments if anything is lacking, appreciate it!

Thanks!

Are you still looking for feedback or did you already do the exam?

Not sure why this isn't picked up, I'm usually not the only one reviewing (and really don't want to be).

0 Kudos
Message 558 of 623
(5,191 Views)

Hi Wiebe,

I have sat through the CLD exam and obtained my certification. Appreciate your efforts here!

Regards,

cyong
CLD.jpg

Message 559 of 623
(5,177 Views)

@cyongjed wrote:

Hi Wiebe,

I have sat through the CLD exam and obtained my certification. Appreciate your efforts here!

Congratulations!

0 Kudos
Message 560 of 623
(5,171 Views)