I went through the Labview Boiler CLD practice test and am looking for some feedback on my solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm quite happy with how it turned out, but would be interested to see what other more experienced people have to say. This was programmed in Labview 2015.
I had gone through your VI. I had attached your code with some comments where you have to improve more.
Some General suggestions,
1) Functionality part of your VI was ticks good in all aspects, But I guess you know that you will get only 15 marks for the functionality.
2) Style part requires a lots of modifications:
All the best for your CLD exam, you have a great probability of clearing CLD test at ease, If you improve in the Style and Documentation section
Mohamed Tanveejul Arsath .P.S,
Certified LabVIEW Developer,
Project Engineer, HTIC-IITM
I plan to take up the CLD exam in 20 days time. I have completed the 4 sample applications. I would love to hear your feedback on the same.
Thank you for your time.
The Boiler exam looks good enough to me.
Haven't checked functionality, just style (ignoring my personal preferences).
A case with an enum should not have a default case if all cases are implemented. Not sure if it's checked, but it should because it's just wrong. You want a broken wire if you add an item to the enum.
The timer has a Boolean button with a wire going to the right. That might cost you some points (this might be checked automatically, so it's relentless).
I think controls\indicators inside structures is frowned upon. They should be outside if possible (although I don't agree per se). Again, this might be checked automatically.
Give the main an icon, or loose points.
Give all the VIs a description (incl. main), or loose points.
Some wire crossing (e.g. the Boolean from the timer to the case in "Pre-purge") can be avoided.
Some Boolean (NOT\AND) and math operations (Subtract\Add) can be merged into a Compound Arithmetic function (invert to subtract numerics or to invert Booleans). Might save some time, I don't think it will cost points on style.
You could save some valuable time by simply using the cluster constant to fill in the values. This in stead of putting a cluster constant, then an bundle by name, then creating and wiring constants to it. Simply untag the constant's "Show as Icon" or double click it, and fill in the values directly.
In short, minor things that are easy to fix! Perhaps not needed, but you should try to squeeze every point out of it.