From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Exam Solutions for Review

You might need less time if you make less VI's.

I only did 1 or 2, maybe 3 in my CLD and i didn't loose any points.

Since you use Events the wait(ms) is no longer needed. I was told that.

Don't forget the documentation, i got the full 10 points just by writting a small statement in every case, full explanation on subVIs.

Try to make the VI icons more intuitive with less words and more glyphs. 

=======
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LV_Lab

0 Kudos
Message 541 of 623
(5,607 Views)

Hi,

Attaching the .zip file for you. 

Please check.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos
Message 542 of 623
(5,583 Views)

Thank you for the response. I will work on the points you told me & soon upload another sample test.

0 Kudos
Message 543 of 623
(5,579 Views)

Hi everyone,

I have solved the Car wash solution from the sample papers.

Please check and revert if any modifications are required.

Also, guide me on how I can further reduce my time.

Thanks and regards,

Aditya

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 544 of 623
(5,523 Views)

Dear Forum members,

I have a sprinkler sample exam attached for review.

Thank you in advance for any comments. The specs is in the .zip file.

Kind regards,

Piotr Golacki

0 Kudos
Message 545 of 623
(5,513 Views)

Dear forum members,

I have a security system example done in just under 4 hours.

I would greatly appreciate a feedback.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: reupload of the .zip file as some of the files in project weren't saved, my apologies for that

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 546 of 623
(5,498 Views)

Still working with LV 2017 not able to view your code, will be good if you can down convert and share.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 547 of 623
(5,463 Views)

Hello!

I'm preparing to CLA exam and I tried to implement ATM controller by AF.

Can anyone check my implemetation of sample exam and give me advices?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 548 of 623
(5,323 Views)

Hi Forum Users,

I have attached my VI in LV2015 version here based on the CLD Car Wash Controller. I would be glad if someone could help me review and give me comments on how to further improve on my code and shorten my development time in the CLD test.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 549 of 623
(5,246 Views)

@cyongjed wrote:

I have attached my VI in LV2015 version here based on the CLD Car Wash Controller. I would be glad if someone could help me review and give me comments on how to further improve on my code and shorten my development time in the CLD test.

A fairly good CLD solution, AFAIC.

Some wires don't line up perfectly (the "Guard Clause" case and it's content, things connected to "Elasped Time" indicator (note the spelling mistake)):

CLD review.png

I'm not sure why you made a "Stop program.vi"? There's nothing in it, and what is in it is messy.

You'll lose points on VIs without VI description ("Stop program.vi")

The timer VI's error wire is bended.

This is a bit redundant:

CLD review 2.PNG

States "Underbody Wash",  "Soap Application",  "Main High Pressure Wash",  "Clean Water Rinse" and  "Air Dry Cycle" are all duplicate copies, minus one or two details. If you find a way to do this in one case (perhaps using a SubVI, with the cluster in and out, and a state enum to change the specific boolean), you'll actually have a new useful subVI (document it), and save time. All these cases are copies, so you could argue it doesn't cost time. But if there is a change (there obviously have been changes) you do need to maintain all of them, actually costing time. 

Always room for improvement, but I'd say go for it. If it took you 4 hours of course.

Message 550 of 623
(5,241 Views)