Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Exam Solutions for Review

Hi Greg,

The functionality looked good, no errors on a semi-cursory review.  Did not review the style and documentation too much.  The use of the template queued state machine template is nice.  Good to use if a person is alrady familiar with using this or any other "shipping" template.

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Global Demo and Equipment at National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 623
(12,907 Views)

Thanks a lot for the feedback

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 623
(12,896 Views)

Thanks for the feedback Mark!

It's saving the balance changes to a different file I called "xxxx test.csv" as I was having trouble overwriting the contents with a blank array. I forgot to change it back after I'd fixed the bug! Once again, thanks for the advice.

Kind regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 623
(12,881 Views)

Last one, Boiler this time, once again, 4 hour limit. Would love to get insight. Got a VI analyser warning of Cyclocmnatic complexity. It's functionally complete, but could have perhaps been done much better witha  simple state machine!

Test is tomorrow! Gulp!

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 623
(12,874 Views)

@Cust_Cert_NI wrote:

Hi Greg,

The functionality looked good, no errors on a semi-cursory review.  Did not review the style and documentation too much.  The use of the template queued state machine template is nice.  Good to use if a person is alrady familiar with using this or any other "shipping" template.

Give him a "cursory" grade.   28-32  Yup right on the bubble. 

Now the real advice, again.

Run it through the vi analaizer.  yes, the graders will do that too...

Welcome to the club-----sit the exam. It will be hard but,...

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 623
(12,866 Views)

I haven't had a look at your code as I want to do mine without seeing a solution first, doing mine today.

All the best for your exam. I'm sure it will go well.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 623
(12,858 Views)

Just to be clear.  The certification team does on occasion review a sample test posted on the forum.  The forum is for community members to provide positive reinforcement for each other and to ask questions of each other.  

Certification@ni.com is the right email to communicate directly with NI regarding a persons specific certification test.

So, sometimes we review some of the samples, with an informal functional review.  Generally speaking, it is to drive the message that demonstrated functionality is the key to the functional grade.  

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Global Demo and Equipment at National Instruments
Message 57 of 623
(12,845 Views)

I've attached my SECOND attempt at the CLA practice exam. As this is my second attempt, I limited myself to 3:10 in time. I assumed I'd lose ~50 minutes on the actual exam getting acclimated to the problem statement.

Review would be appreciated. The code is in 2012, using the natively supported Actor Framework (OOP). If you would like the exam in an older version, I can back-convert.

Thanks all.

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 623
(12,786 Views)

Hello Mike
Could you convert your project to Labview 2011 version.
I am preparing for CLA and and would like to see your solution.

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 623
(12,761 Views)

Back-converted to 2011. You MUST have Actor Framework installed; it is not native to 2011 and the project will not load properly without it.

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 623
(12,744 Views)