Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review of CLA Practice Exam

Hello,

I hope everyone is well!

Attached is my attempt at the CLA practice exam for the ATM, if someone would be willing to check it over for me. Thank you in advance for any comments\thoughts you may have.

A few comments:

1. I know that this is most likely not a perfect solution and there is undoubtedly room for improvement - I'm always trying to improve my skills.

2. I was mainly focused on the architecture, requirements coverage, and the documentation within the block diagram that would be used to complete the application by CLD's and CLAD's (trying to tailor this with them being the intended audience.

3. This was written with LabVIEW 2017 on a Windows 7 machine.

A couple of questions:

1. I'm curious to know if anyone has had any experience with taking the CLA exam online? That is most likely going to be my only option outside of NI Week (which I really don't want to use my time at NI Week taking an exam, I'd rather use that time to build my skill set with NI tools and network with others in the NI community).

2. Is this a suitable solution to pass the CLA?

I know that everyone's time is valuable and I'm appreciative of any time that someone would spend reviewing this code.

Thanks!

Mike

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Miami University
Instrumentation Laboratory

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,342 Views)

Hi Mike,

See this thread for info about taking the exam online. It sounds like it may make the time crunch even worse.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Certification/Online-CLD-exam-Tips-and-Review-of-Online-exam/m-p/3754223#M3...

Message 2 of 3
(3,330 Views)

Hi gregoryj,

Thank you for your quick reply and the information provided.

If I'm reading that post correctly, it sounds like some of the quick-drop shortcuts are not available given that the exam takes place within a web browser - is that correct?

Thanks again.

Mike

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Miami University
Instrumentation Laboratory

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,296 Views)