From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Functions for CLD

Hi,

I am preparing for the CLD and have been looking through example exam solutions where they use the Queued Message Handler architecture.  I am using LabVIEW 2017 and plan to use the Queue Message Handler template when I take the CLD.

When taking the CLD, is the QMH Template available to use?  The functions in the template seem to be custom to the template and not in the standard Functions palette.  I wouldn't want to spend my time practicing for the CLD utilizing the QMH template and it's functions and find out that the template and the custom queue functions are not available...  I'm referring to functions such as "Create All Message  Queues" and "Enqueue Message" functions. Thanks!

queue.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,031 Views)

Create Project is available.  That is what I used.

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,846 Views)

@ANON12345 wrote:

Hi,

I am preparing for the CLD and have been looking through example exam solutions where they use the Queued Message Handler architecture.  I am using LabVIEW 2017 and plan to use the Queue Message Handler template when I take the CLD.

When taking the CLD, is the QMH Template available to use?  The functions in the template seem to be custom to the template and not in the standard Functions palette.  I wouldn't want to spend my time practicing for the CLD utilizing the QMH template and it's functions and find out that the template and the custom queue functions are not available...  I'm referring to functions such as "Create All Message  Queues" and "Enqueue Message" functions. Thanks!

queue.PNG

Well yes, it is available...... But you have to remember that you will be given a FP that must be used and may not be renamed

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,827 Views)