Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the latest ATM sample solution

Hi,

I went through the latest solution of ATM example and had a few thoughts:

(1) I coded the ATM CLD example using queue based message handler architecture. I found what the solution does is to split different functions (error handling, data file reading/writing, button control, display, etc) into different modules and each module still uses the same queue based message handler architecture, also almost every functionality is realized using queue. If the program is supposed to be given to several CLDs, would it be more complicated in terms of amount of LabVIEW code? If we can realize the functionality in one main architecture, why should we split it into modules?

(2) I saw that each module uses 'obtain queue. vi' to create queue reference independently, and uses queue AE to get queue reference whenever enqueue and dequeue so messages can be sent between modules. How does the program ensure the same queue reference is used? Is it possible to have more than one queue in a program?

(3) The comments in main program say the UI is launched dynamically when the program is run. However, the buttons and displays are in the front panels of some modules, I don't see any mechanism to make them launch dynamically.

Thanks,

Chuan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,202 Views)