Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passed CLD - Want to thank Cert team for fast feedback (just 2.5 weeks from NIWeek)

Solved!
Go to solution

Got notification that I passed the CLD exam today! Was very excited and also surprised that I found out so quickly - the exam was only 2 weeks and a couple of days ago at the end of NIWeek, and we were warned feedback could take 3-4 weeks (which was additionally odd, because I'd read 3-4 weeks was normal and at NIWeek, 5-6 was more typical given high number of exams taken).

Consequently, thank you to Certification team for the unexpectedly fast result!

Spoiler
Unsure how I managed to get 12.16 from 15 on Functionality given nearly the entire exam contents were listed as 'not fully functional' in the results, but happy none-the-less!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,105 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cbutcher

You are welcome.

Regarding grading and feedback -- the key word is "full" specified functionality.  We split the functionality into categories, then sub-divide the categories further.  Points for each category are distributed evenly across the sub-categories.  So if you missed, say, 1 out of 5 sub-categories of a 1-point category, your feedback would say "[Category Name] did not demonstrate full specified functionality," and you would lose 0.2 points (1/5 of the points allotted for that category).  

Hope that clarifies -- and congratulations!

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

Message 2 of 2
(3,018 Views)