From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passed CLD - Want to thank Cert team for fast feedback (just 2.5 weeks from NIWeek)

Solved!
Go to solution

Got notification that I passed the CLD exam today! Was very excited and also surprised that I found out so quickly - the exam was only 2 weeks and a couple of days ago at the end of NIWeek, and we were warned feedback could take 3-4 weeks (which was additionally odd, because I'd read 3-4 weeks was normal and at NIWeek, 5-6 was more typical given high number of exams taken).

Consequently, thank you to Certification team for the unexpectedly fast result!

Spoiler
Unsure how I managed to get 12.16 from 15 on Functionality given nearly the entire exam contents were listed as 'not fully functional' in the results, but happy none-the-less!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,092 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cbutcher

You are welcome.

Regarding grading and feedback -- the key word is "full" specified functionality.  We split the functionality into categories, then sub-divide the categories further.  Points for each category are distributed evenly across the sub-categories.  So if you missed, say, 1 out of 5 sub-categories of a 1-point category, your feedback would say "[Category Name] did not demonstrate full specified functionality," and you would lose 0.2 points (1/5 of the points allotted for that category).  

Hope that clarifies -- and congratulations!

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

Message 2 of 2
(3,005 Views)