From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online CLD exam Tips and Review of Online exam

Hello, I Have cleared the CLD exam before 3 weeks. I am sharing my experience of ONLINE CLD exam, I am sure it will be helpful for you.

Points to be Remember:

1) When You are appearing for the exam you can start your exam before your time it will be helpful for you because Proctor will ask for many things it will take your 10-15 minutes. (No worries Your exam time will start when Proctor Gives you control) a)When Proctor Gives you control at that time your timer for the exam starts.

Proctor will not ask you to start the exam. I have waited for 2-3 minutes then I have asked for it, but I have wasted my 3 minutes. Exam was already started

2) I was not able to use LabVIEW shortcuts like Ctrl+W, Ctrl+T, which is very Useful in Effective Programming. By pressing Ctrl+T in chrome it will ask to open new Tab which can mislead you during the exam. So to avoid these problem you can set different shortcuts before starting the exam and you can set the same during practise of the exam.

3). Development is lagging. You can not feel real-time development in LabVIEW. Due to enough Practice, I have managed to complete Application within 4 Hour. I have Developed similar kind of application in 3hour before just 2 Days of the exam. 45 minutes lagging due to LabVIEW shortcuts was unable to use and Typing was lagging.

4). During testing of the application, You can clearly see the lagging in the Application. So do not worry while your timer counts like..1 Sec,2 Sec,5 Sec,7 Sec.

5). The mechanical action of the button will play a crucial role in building application. so place your control at the appropriate place to avoid any kind of confusion.

CLD.png

Hardik Gujarati

Application Engineer

Message 1 of 3
(4,575 Views)

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,013 Views)

Hi yesterday  I took my CLA Exam online . Thought of sharing the experience as it might be useful someone who is planning to take it.

• PSI application ask you to take images of your ID proof and yourself and video if your room
  • Once they verify it the support person ask you to show the desk and your hands to make sure no electronic devices or smart watches. (I wore a normal watch and it was fine)
  • When everything is fine they give you control . I was having issues in seeing the exam folder so i had to logout and login to see the page
  • Exam folder was on desktop 
  • Main issue is you cant move your head position for 4 hours. Sometimes i lean forward to read questions and he asked me to adjust monitor so that he can see the face completely. This is the main issue when taking from laptop.
  • You cant whisper questions or read bit loudly 🙄.He ask you to be silent😋
  • Issues in Development Environment:
    • Once the exam started after 1 hour may be my keyboard Caps-lock started working the other way. Turning ON will give lower letter and turning off will give upper case. This was a big headache in documentation
    • Also the Ctrl+C did not work i had to go to Edit >Paste for the Tags. 
    • Ctrl+ E did not work , Windows>Show Front Panel/block diagram worked
  • These issues took some time as i was not prepared for it. But after 1 hour i got kicked off saying connection issue and once reconnected all shortcuts started working again. I think logout and login will fix this.But i was not aware of it. When i checked with support person he told its not in his scope.He will be available to chat throughout your exam.

Taking exam online is not a bad idea as you can write exam at your preferred location and time.(I took from my home). Only thing is make sure stable internet connection.

Message 3 of 3
(2,890 Views)