I am going to share my experience of the online exam and share some useful tips.
1. Most of the people had the problem of shortcuts not working. I managed to find a remapping solution to that after an effort of 2-3 days.
However, the proctor didn't allow me to setup my environment. Moreover, I had the remapped shortcuts written on a paper. I had to set those shortcuts (which I could remember) during the exam time. I lost my precious initial 10 minutes in setting up. If I fail by a narrow margin, I am going to take up this issue with the certification team.
2. I took the test over WiFi and it worked almost seamless. Its not going to be as crisp as your local development system. .
3. I used a big screen with a laptop. I used a separate camera. You have to close the laptop lid and you are good to go.
4. I was not informed about the remaining time at any point. At the end, my connection was lost. When I connected back, I asked for the remaining time. At that point, I was told that I have 14 seconds left. You can imagine the frenzy afterwards.
5. Overall it was a good experience. I would strongly advocate to Practice as much as you can.
Thanks for posting @HyperSol - I really wish I read this before taking my online CLA!
I too found it quite convenient, but I did find some aspects bizarre e.g. proctor giving you a number to call if you find it hard to re-access the system after your internet drops out, but you're not allowed to save the information or write it down.
Thought I'd add a few tips of my own:
Wishing you all the best for your results.