Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Training

Solved!
Go to solution

I have recently relocated to a new facility at my work and unfortunately they do not have a VLA or SSP for their LabVIEW onsite. They have purchased license for desktops and laptops. Does each individual License allow the person registered to that license to do the Online training? in order to test for the new NI badging system.

Thank you

LabVIEW Developer / Sr Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,066 Views)

I believe any new license, even the "base" edition of LabVIEW, comes with a minimum of 1 year SSP, so you should be able to use any recently purchased license to get access to online training.

In general though, once the SSP is up, you no longer have access and have to purchase each class you want to take. The online classes are offered with a 6 month or 1 year window, but if you're going to take more than one class then the SSP is probably cheaper.

Message 2 of 4
(3,065 Views)

The Labview version's are 2013 and 2015, Would this affect the availability of the training courses. Does it have to be the latest labview to qualify?

Thank you

LabVIEW Developer / Sr Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,059 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maestro_Sanchez

The online courses are available for free as long as you have an active SSP (ie the license gets renewed each year).  You can still purchase them on an individual basis.  As already stated, might be cheaper just to keep the SSP active.

Regional or in-house training is also an option that you can purchase.  Sometimes it is just better to have an instructor that you can bounce questions off of and/or get better clarification.

Any NI training will be based on the latest version.  But the concepts for almost all of the courses will be applicable for versions that are many years old.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(3,048 Views)