Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Acclaim Badges - CLD and CLED too similar

Solved!
Go to solution

I am not sure this is the best location for this, but since this deals with certification test results and the earned badges, I created it here.  Please move if needed.

I just received my CLED.  The CLED badge on Acclaim came shortly after.  

My point for this discussion: I am a bit dismayed that the CLD and CLED badges are very similar and easily mistaken for each other if one does not have knowledge of the badge colors, and sub-colors of the Add function in the badge.

I have my badges in my signature line - trying out this pilot program, etc. and had someone ask why I would list a CLD with my CLA.  As Associate Developer is two words, why could the CLED badge not be Embedded Developer to further differentiate?

I did send a note to the Certification dept. via email raising this same concern - anyone care to discuss?

Regards, 

Ryan

Badges.png

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
Message 1 of 5
(5,245 Views)

When I first saw the badges at NIWeek I thought they had actually put the developer badge on the poster twice by accident so I would agree that it isn't very clear. My first thought was to use the FPGA icon in place of the LabVIEW one but I like your idea of the badge saying Embedded Developer better.

I do know one person who worked on the badges so I'll point them to this post.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 5
(5,213 Views)

Thanks for the discussion and pointing someone here.  My coworkers and I thought maybe using the "pink" color from an FPGA IO Node for the color, or an FPGA icon instead of the Add would be alternatives too.  I thought - keep it simple - it is LabVIEW RT and FPGA, so the yellow squares work for me, then I looked at the chart on Acclaim and saw the Associate Developer badge and decided to suggest Embedded be added.

Ryan

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Message 3 of 5
(5,208 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RVallieu

Hi Ryan, 

Thanks for the feedback and enthusiasm for the badging program! We received similar feedback at the NIWeek launch and will be taking steps to clarify the CLED badge in the near future. 

-Nate

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,190 Views)

That's great.  Thanks for letting me know. I will pass this thread link to my coworker.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Message 5 of 5
(5,184 Views)