From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More CLAD 2017 Sample Exams

Hello to all,

Could someone explain the questions Q4 and Q5 of the hardware section?
I didn't understand why the answer for Q4 is B and for Q5 is C.

thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(3,832 Views)

Both questions are a combination of the time taken to perform the samples and the Elapsed Time expiring. 

The key to both is that the first time Elapsed Time is called the Elapsed Time (s) returned is 0 (I think about it as an initialise call), so you know that the While Loop in both questions will run at least once (as time has not expired) so you will always get one row of Data for that first iteration.  After that it is about adding a row into Data for each subsequent iteration of the loop.

In Q4, the time taken to complete 1 set of samples is 5 seconds (5 samples at 1 sample/second).  The value passed to Time Target (s) is 4 seconds so you will only get one further iteration of the loop. 

In Q5 the time taken to complete 1 set of samples is 2 seconds (20000 samples at 10000 samples/second).

The value passed to Time Target (s) is 5 seconds so you will get three further iteration of the loop.

NOTE:  2000 columns should read 20000 columns in Q5. 

Hope this helps

Steve

Message 12 of 26
(3,824 Views)

@SercoSteveB wrote:

Both questions are a combination of the time taken to perform the samples and the Elapsed Time expiring. 

The key to both is that the first time Elapsed Time is called the Elapsed Time (s) returned is 0 (I think about it as an initialise call), so you know that the While Loop in both questions will run at least once (as time has not expired) so you will always get one row of Data for that first iteration.  After that it is about adding a row into Data for each subsequent iteration of the loop.

In Q4, the time taken to complete 1 set of samples is 5 seconds (5 samples at 1 sample/second).  The value passed to Time Target (s) is 4 seconds so you will only get one further iteration of the loop. 

In Q5 the time taken to complete 1 set of samples is 2 seconds (20000 samples at 10000 samples/second).

The value passed to Time Target (s) is 5 seconds so you will get three further iteration of the loop.

NOTE:  2000 columns should read 20000 columns in Q5. 

Hope this helps

Steve

Thank you Steve for your clear response.
Houssem

ctd.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(3,811 Views)

Hello,

For the question Q3 of the "LabVIEW Programming EnvironmentSub-Topics" Section I think the response will be D (False-False) but it was C (False-True) , because the mechanical action is Latch when released and it will switch to false before we reach the 18s.
And also for the question Q6 in the same section I think the response will be B (less than 2 seconds) because the second while loop is the longest loop and it will last 2s in maximum after pressing the Emergency stop.
Could someone help with this issue?

Houssemeddine Snoussi
Certified TestStand Developer

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(3,771 Views)

In Q3 it clearly says switch when released not latch when released.

In Q6 Emergency button local variable is read at the very beginning of the loop it means when button is pressed loop will not stop at the end of current iteration but it will stop at the end of next iteration. You could argue that it sometimes may be 2s if you press the button exactly at the start of loop iteration but it will never be less that 2s.

Message 15 of 26
(3,763 Views)

@zasi wrote:

In Q3 it clearly says switch when released not latch when released.

In Q6 Emergency button local variable is read at the very beginning of the loop it means when button is pressed loop will not stop at the end of current iteration but it will stop at the end of next iteration. You could argue that it sometimes may be 2s if you press the button exactly at the start of loop iteration but it will never be less that 2s.

Thank you for your response , in Q3 the Label is Switch when released but the image of the mechanical action is an image of a Latch when released Q3.JPG
Will we look at the Image or the Label to know which mechanical action is choosed for this button?

Message 16 of 26
(3,760 Views)

Good spot, I have missed that. Ignore that icon, it's a mistake (I think).

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(3,754 Views)

@zasi wrote:

Good spot, I have missed that. Ignore that icon, it's a mistake (I think).

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(3,748 Views)

Yes, good catch, thank you.  We've documented this and will get it changed.  Go with the text and the control's name.  Our apologies and best wishes.  

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(3,715 Views)

Thank you for your quick response and reactivity.

Houssemeddine Snoussi
Certified TestStand Developer

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(3,713 Views)