Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Version in CLD

Hey Guys,

I attempted my CLAD yesterday(online exam) and got certified (38/40), I got a print out of my score. Do we get any mails or any other certificate, or that's it?

Next, I was wondering what is the LabVIEW version being used now for CLD.  According to CLD Exam Preparation Guide, it seems to be outdated,and says as below:

Your test computer will have the LabVIEW Full Development System version 2011 or later installed for developing your application. After October 1, 2012, LabVIEW 2012 may be installed.

What is the LabVIEW version used now for CLD?

Thanks,

Karthik

------
Using LabVIEW since 2012. Certified LabVIEW & TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,999 Views)

one of the testable requirements for CLD is "Familliarity with new features"  Its even on the prep guide.  2012 had several new features that would help a CLD candidate like project templates <probably why the gave you the GUI and starting lvproj so whipping out a project from project template is harder than using a framework design pattern>

2013 revised the examples and brought them up to best practices.  A HUGE benefit in preping for CLD.  

2014 offered some nice developer aids but, limited functional new features.  Those developer aids could easilly shave time off your exam.  

In essence, hit those What's New in.. videos and help file sections as part of your prep if you regularly use legacy versions.  The developer maintaining code in 6.i style may have a real challange passing the CLD in a version where projects are available and required and converting express vis to vis and editing them may save time. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,984 Views)

To be honest, you could probably use any version of LabVIEW that 2014 could open (8.0 and newer).  But, as Jeff stated, you will likely struggle to pass.  There are a lot of updates since 8.0 that can shave off a lot of time.  But use whatever version you are used to.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,972 Views)