From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID for Badging Assesment?

Solved!
Go to solution

Maybe I missed something somewhere, but what do I put in for the ID field when taking one of the badging assessments?

Screenshot from 2018-07-17 14-39-21.png

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,602 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Taggart

When I am already logged in to ni.com and I go to http://ni.com/badges

I do not get that ID.

If I recall correctly, that ID was there during the pilot program, perhaps you are going to an old URL?

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 2 of 5
(4,591 Views)

It must be something odd, because I have done other badges and never been asked for one.  It came from link from Allen's post about the AF badge on Linkedin.  I tried another random badge and it asked me for the same thing.  I guess I will try cleaning the cookies out of my browser and see if that helps.

thanks Fab.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,589 Views)

Hi Sam

[late to the party, looks like this has already been answered!  Thank you Fabiola]

It looks like you've found a back door to or an older version of that assessment.  The ID field is part of our background processes, should not be visible to you.  Can you let us know how you got there?  Maybe send the message through certification@ni.com, to avoid posting mis-information here. 

And for your purposes, it should work to go through the front portal

https://learn.ni.com/badges/pathways

From there, click on the "LabVIEW Application Development" Icon, and then the Actor Framework Icon within that path.

Let me know how that goes!

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

Message 4 of 5
(4,588 Views)

Another detail (documenting for future users who find this post).  In addition to above causes, this can also happen if the security settings of the browser do not allow tracking across websites. That can prevent our system from handling the information, which includes auto-generating that ID. Or using a different browser may help.

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,471 Views)