cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW topic CLAD Guide LV2017: DAQmx specific time target and behavior prediction

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

The attached VI is quite used in the CLAD Preparation Guide. What happens if the time target is multiple of the acquisition time? 

This specific situation does not appear in the CLAD Guide but it's a possible situation. Even using LabVIEW and run the VI I can´t clarify the question. Not clear the size of the array in the data indicator. 

3 rows x 2000 columns OR 4 rows x 2000 columns 

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,270 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jesLVbcn

@jesLVbcn wrote:

Hi All,

The attached VI is quite used in the CLAD Preparation Guide. What happens if the time target is multiple of the acquisition time? 

This specific situation does not appear in the CLAD Guide but it's a possible situation. Even using LabVIEW and run the VI I can´t clarify the question. Not clear the size of the array in the data indicator. 

3 rows x 2000 columns OR 4 rows x 2000 columns 

Thank You!

Yep, it can be either of those.  Since we are dealing with software timing, there is A LOT of jitter.  So it can go either way on that third iteration.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,254 Views)

This discussion reflects the type of practice and discovery that we highly recommend as excellent preparation for the CLAD.  When you understand the timing deeply enough to see these gaps, you've got that topic mastered.  (My intent in this response is to avoid unnecessary stress for you and others.)  In the actual exam, we avoided this type of edge case by careful selection of the parameters and the range of specific answers.  If you discover otherwise, during the exam go with the most likely and please report it to us afterwards. 

Also please keep in mind, these VIs were created to highlight timing and sampling rates -- they are not necessarily recommended for real-world applications.  We frequently discuss the relative value of presenting only best-practice VIs vs using simplified VIs that allow deeper focus on a particular aspect of LabVIEW. 

Best Regards,

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,211 Views)

Hello,

Today I've passed the CLAD Exam. Thanks for your help with the preparation of the exam.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,197 Views)