From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Finishing a CLD Practice Exam!! (CarWash)

I put in close to 1000 hours of LabVIEW since my first attempt 6 months ago ^_^"

I'm super happy to say that on my 8th attempt, I finished the CLD practice exam on time, for the first time!

What do you guys think? Estimated score?

(Requires LabVIEW 2017 to open)

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(5,457 Views)

Sorry about not answering but how did you count your hours? Isn't 1000 hours too much? How many hours daily have you spent?

I'm a CLAD and I would like to do the CLD too.

=======
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LV_Lab

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(5,422 Views)

Most Forum users may not be using Latest LV Versions, So save in Lower version and share.

Please post certification related queries https://forums.ni.com/t5/Certification/bd-p/Certification

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(5,414 Views)

@AldhairGarza wrote:

Sorry about not answering but how did you count your hours? Isn't 1000 hours too much? How many hours daily have you spent?

Well, who are you to judge what's "too much"?  Unless you're one of the OP's parents, of course.  Maybe you're not used to such dedication to a task?  😉

I guess it amounts to roughly 25% of the total amount of hours in six months.  Even more roughly about 8 hours a day if taking weekends off.  When I was studying for my CLD, I was unemployed, and I considered it my job to study for the exam, so this type of effort is understood.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 5 of 18
(5,364 Views)

@AldhairGarza wrote:

5 hours at school then 5 hours at work most days haha.  It's definitly not necessary to spend so much time. I wasn't studying for the CLD during all of those hours.  If you only study for CLD I bet you can do it in 100 hours

Studying for CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(5,348 Views)

Here this version is compatible with 2014+  

Feel free to offer suggestions!

Studying for CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(5,342 Views)

@CDuck wrote:

Here this version is compatible with 2014+  

Feel free to offer suggestions!

perfect.  thanks, now i can look at it!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(5,313 Views)

As far as I can see, you get all the points for functionality, but if I were to be nitpicky, I would say you need to give feedback to the customer that the high pressure wash was selected.  It's not that difficult to do - just set the button value to false on startup.  The idea is not to startle the customer.  😉

Documentation is excellent, especially for the amount of time you get to spend on this exam.

It's also reasonably laid out.  There are some overlapping stuff here, but from what I can see from the rest of the code, this most likely happened upon conversion.

Typedefs and subVIs - check.

Note:

Instead of those humongous free labels that you have describing what is happening in each diagram of each structure, you can righ-click on the structure and enable submenus.  This will give you a space right under the selector (if case or event structure) or just right under the top (sequence structure, FOR loop, WHILE loop).  Makes it nice n tidy.

PASS.  Easily.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Message 9 of 18
(5,311 Views)

@CDuck wrote:

@AldhairGarza wrote:

5 hours at school then 5 hours at work most days haha.  It's definitly not necessary to spend so much time. I wasn't studying for the CLD during all of those hours.  If you only study for CLD I bet you can do it in 100 hours

I fail to see why everyone feels the need to apply their yardstick to his effort.  Only the OP knows how much time he needs to spend on his study effort.  I can see that it paid off because this thing is pretty well done.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(5,307 Views)