From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally!

I have finally passed the CLD!

My tips:

Before the exam:

Do all four of the practice exams at least once.

Have someone else review your practice exams.  ( Post them on this board )

Day of the exam:

Get a good night's sleep.

Eat something before the exam.

Use the washroom before the exam.

Bring water.

Ask your exam proctor if you can customize the LabVIEW settings prior to starting the exam.  ( I have read that this is allowed, but you'll need to remember to ask before you get your exam )

Read the entire specification before starting any code.

Divide the tasks up into logical steps.  Remember, you might not have time to implement all of the program's features.  But the program will still have to run to get points for functionality.

Be prepared for the curve ball!  The creators of the exams were pretty crafty.  Every exam I wrote had what I would consider to be a "curve ball" in it.  A little twist that could make you stumble if your architecture is too rigid. 

Run your code often!  Especially when you start running out of time.  I have failed this exam in the last five minutes by adding a feature that broke major functionality. 

If you have time, close LabVIEW completely.  Then re-open and run your code.   ( Although if you're giving a very old PC to do your exam on I would advise against this.  On my last exam, this was a very long five minutes )  

Next, the CLA.

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 1 of 6
(7,751 Views)

Congratulations, thanks for the tips.

Ing. Jonathan E. Cruz Ortiz

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

Cel : (+57) 3173669343 - (+57) 3124451894

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,742 Views)

Congrats, yes it's very tough exam.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,698 Views)

Congrats!

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,672 Views)

@pallen wrote:
 Every exam I wrote had what I would consider to be a "curve ball" in it.  A little twist that could make you stumble if your architecture is too rigid. 

This is a great piece of advice from pallen. Keep it simple, especially early on. Plan ahead for things in the requirements that you might miss. Although you might have a concrete plan after reading the requirements through the first time, there's always something! You might forget to reset a counter, or clear an indicator, etc.

For example, say you initialize everything when the program starts (which is common with any program). What about re-initializing once the program has started? Maybe you should plan to access that initialize code again, passing slightly different parameters to it. This is just one example.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,610 Views)

well firstly congrats to you. and secondly these tips are much usefull for me i will follow them

[url=http://www.kualitatem.com]Mobile Application Testing[/url]
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,499 Views)