Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on the online CLD experience

Oh! That's fantastic information. I would have considered that option had I understood that this was an acceptable way of taking the test.

One downside would be needing an external webcam/microphone, since the one built into the laptop wouldn't see anything with the cover closed.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(4,283 Views)

Thanks everyone for the Replies.
Yes external webcam would be required, but I have one Smiley Wink

Best Regards,
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Certified Architect
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(4,278 Views)

Great reviews of the CLD online experience. Thank you all very much.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(4,155 Views)

Usage of External monitor is not allowed..

Regards,
Sathish Kumar A
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(3,970 Views)

I used external monitor with laptop lid closed, proctor was fine with it.

Best Regards,
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Certified Architect
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(3,946 Views)

so we can't use quick drop? or CTRL+SHIFT+mouse to move screen? or CTRL+mouse to widen the space in the block diagram? I'm about to have the CLD exam in a few days and I find that very disadvantageous. I also use a 14-inch laptop; if I use an external monitor, I don't have an external camera since the laptop lid has to be closed. So I'll have to use the laptop 14-inch screen to use the laptop camera and microphone.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(3,698 Views)

Just finished my CLD exam. I hope and pray that I pass. I just found out a way to allow the CTRL+ shortcuts. Set Chrome to full screen by pressing F11 then all is okay. At the first 5 minutes, the remote environment was very laggy so it was very difficult to program. But it got better after some time.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(3,663 Views)

I am completely just venting and whining here because my experience is no different than anyone else's (~30 minutes of checking and rechecking everything just to start, constant interruptions from the proctor, only being able to use most of one monitor, etc.) but I hated it. having to constantly toggle back and forth between the instructions and the code completely broke my rhythm. I think they should at the very least update the main vi to include the instructions on the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(3,654 Views)

Result came in after 12 days. I passed 🙂

I know I cannot get a copy of the code, but I hope I can clarify some of the comments in the assessment. Comments such as - wires overlapping and some on the functionality not demonstrating specified functionality. I know, I didn't do perfect, but would be nice to clarify. For improvements and learning. Anyway, thank you NI! I can now use the Developer logo 😄

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(3,590 Views)

I took it this morning, and it really wasn't fun. I think because I am someone who does not cheat and is therefore unaware of how or even why to cheat on an exam like this, the security seems like overkill. It took a full 30 minutes to satisfy the proctor which included taking the same photo of my license 3 times, clearing the bed off entirely (I took it in my cluttered spare room which has become more of a giant closet), and panning around the room over and over again. More importantly, I was totally out of my element and uncomfortable pretty much the whole time.

I usually program on a desktop with 2 monitors. I did a couple of the practice exams this way so I could have the PDF on one screen and LV on the other. Oh what luxury! I wound up having to do the exam on a 12.5" laptop screen made even smaller by having to do it through a remote desktop inside a browser. I wish I had thought of making the browser full screen! I thought maybe I could print the PDF and have that next to me, but that would violate the no paper rule. Ugh!

The worst though is my habit of closing VI's with Ctrl+W. Don't do that. Ctrl+E worked and Ctrl+S worked, but Ctrl+W closed the browser. I did this probably 4 or 5 times. Thankfully I was able to get back into the session every time, but the proctor was getting annoyed by repeatedly having to let me back in.

I still finished well under time and I'm pretty confident I'll pass, but boy that would have been much more pleasant if I could have done it on the local desktop of my main PC with my hand on my face while I mutter to myself, my natural state. Oh well, at least it's not something I need to do often!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(3,451 Views)