Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CLAD Exam Prep Guide?

Hi everyone,

I'm studying for the CLAD Exam and I think I stumbled across an error in the CLAD Exam Prep Guide. My concern is in reference to Question 3 in the "LabVIEW Programming Fundamentals" Section.

Looking at the DAQmx Read (VI) help, each row in the "data" output array corresponds to a specific channel. So in Question 3 of the Prep Guide, it would appear that channel ai2 data would correspond to a row, specifically row 1. So the answer I get is "B". However, the answer is given as "A".

I've attached relevant pictures. Maybe I'm misinterpreting something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Download All
Message 1 of 3
(2,920 Views)

I'd tend to agree.  Rows in the 2D array are channels so if you want to grab the second channel, you should index the array at row index 1, not column.  Also looking over these new DAQ questions some of them are pretty hard, I'm glad when I took the CLAD these weren't on there.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,881 Views)

Hi GladysToMeetYou.  I agree a separate row for each channel. 

One thing that might help and that you might not be aware of is that you do not have to a physical device to play with/learn about DAQmx, you can create a simulated device.  All of the questions I have created recently on The Daily CLAD use simulated devices.

Hope this helps

Steve

Message 3 of 3
(2,875 Views)