From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded Template for CLED exam

Hello,

Can I directly use the embedded project templates provided by LabVIEW for the CLED exam.  I am expecting to use the template and modify them according to the requirements. Can I use some of the VI's in the template AS IS?

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,974 Views)

Hello can anyone from NI answer it?  I am planning to take the exam soon.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,940 Views)

Hi Jaggs,

I don't know if this response is too late, but I will be taking the CLED p2 exam in a couple of weeks ans was planning to use the Embedded Data Logging sample project as a starting point. I have failed this exam once before because I wrote everything from scratch and because it didn't work straight way I lost too much time debugging and ran out of time. As a general rule, I know that everything that is shipped with LV is fair-game for the exams.

I would be interested to know the community's thoughts on this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,801 Views)

Here are my tips to prepare for the CLED:

https://delacor.com/how-to-prepare-for-the-cled-exam/

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 4 of 8
(4,795 Views)

Hi McQuillan, 

I must say this in first of your accomplishing CLED, Congratulations!! 😉 

I'm also preparing CLED and would like to get some feedback on how you did the exam and what are your recommendations for preparing CLED.

By the way, you rock!! 

Best regards,

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,673 Views)

Hey goohestpoo,

Thanks very much - it's nice to have a fan 😉

For both parts of the certification, I would go to http://ni.com/cled-prep and utilise all of the resources they give you.

For part one (1h multiple choice) I think they could ask you pretty much any question that this guide covers: http://zone.ni.com/pdf/products/us/criodevgudsec5

I think it's just a case of reading (then re-reading) it and trying out the practice exam

For part two (5h practical) There are two options:

1. Create everything from scratch - this is what I did for my first attempt. It was going okay, but I had to spend too long debugging a message stream and I ultimately ran out of time. I was still pretty close to passing. The benefit of doing everything from scratch is that you can make something tailored to your requirements.
  2. Use a sample project - this is what I did for the second attempt. There are two templates for cRIO which you can customise for the sbRIO. To pass the exam using the template you need to have an in-depth knowledge of exactly how the sample projects work os you can strip-out/append functionality. The benefit of using a sample-project is that communications and monitoring are done for you. However, depending on your requirements you may need to modify how the network streams are created/destroyed.
Message 6 of 8
(4,663 Views)
Thanks for the Link: https://dqmh.org/how-to-prepare-for-the-cled-exam/

This is really useful for the preparation.
Regards,
Sathish Kumar A
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,440 Views)

HI Tom McQuillan,

1. I tried to open the sample exam in LV 2020, IP builder is deprecated from the FPGA Module. So it showing error for me. is it possible to guide me on this??

Attached: Screenshot & cled_Sample Exams_English.Zip

2. Which version of Labview did you use for your CLED Exam ??

3. Still are they providing sbrio 9623, as it is not available with NI.com website for sales.

Regards,
Sathish Kumar A
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,439 Views)