Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format on certificates

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently took my first online CLD-R, and got emailed my certificate on the same day. I really appreciate the swift response time, compared to when I took the paper-based CLAD 4 years ago!

When I first looked at the expiration date ("8/5/2020") and immediately thought it meant expiry on 8 May 2020. May I suggest using a long date format ("August 5, 2020", like what my 3-year-old CLD certificate shows), or the standard ISO 8601 date format ("2020-08-05"), to avoid ambiguity?

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,692 Views)

To avoid confusion you should only take exams on the 13th day of the month or later 😄

Message 2 of 5
(6,650 Views)

This seems like the appropriate response. I'll implement it immediately.

Seriously though I am looking into this. 

-Nate

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
Message 3 of 5
(6,648 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Checked in with our operations and design team, we are transitioning all certificates to the [Month] [Day], [Year] format. This should be rolled out within a week or two, depending on the design team's workload. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Nate

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
Message 4 of 5
(6,633 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

To avoid confusion you should only take exams on the 13th day of the month or later 😄

Gold! Smiley Very Happy

@CertifiNATEtion wrote:

Checked in with our operations and design team, we are transitioning all certificates to the [Month] [Day], [Year] format. This should be rolled out within a week or two, depending on the design team's workload. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Thanks for following up so swiftly!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,626 Views)