Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cld sample review

Hello every one 

I am taking cld exam in july 1

I have practiced the sprinkler example . 

Please give me feed back where to improve myself

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,983 Views)

For starters I found one bug: when you switch from no rain to rain the sprinkler that was running stays running. Don't want to waste water. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,973 Views)

What about the coding style ?

Are there any points to consider for better coding techniques ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,965 Views)

Your coding style and documentation are fine. When taking the test just make sure the code actually works. If you can accomplish this in 4 hours you should not have any problems passing your CLD exam. Good luck!

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,956 Views)

That the beauty of learning those project templates! the documentation and style are right out of the box! 

your customized subvi's, on the other hand, lack proper names and icons.  "Read from XML" should read from XML when reading a speradsheet you should name the vi something like "Read Config from Spreadsheet.vi"

I Don't know the "Official" Policy but if I was a grader I'd give points for using the template but grade the developers code to the same standard as the template vis.  Did this examinee really go to school with these templates and pick up the style? would be my first question.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,951 Views)

The code and the pattern looks fine. Here are few things to note:

• Top level FP - Make sure you populate the connector pane and make a specific icon
  • Error in & out in your block diagram
  • Like someone pointed above, when you run the application, select rain, and then click start, the sprinkler runs even when it says rain
  • Consider using "Reinitialize to default" when your application loads or when a complete sprinkle cycle is done
  • Label your constants
  • Label all your wires
  • Create icons for all subVIs
  • Documentation - Easy place to score 10 points. Make sure you document everything right from Typedefs, controls, subVIs using tip description, VI documentation, etc.
  • Consider your auto populating folders on your project
  • A personal preference - I don't attempt altering the font size/font or grid size in any of my VIs

Just my personal preference, I like the statemachine template that ships with LabVIEW that incorporates event structures as well. But use the design pattern you are comofortable with as long as you can do it in 4 hours. Make sure to run your VI through VI Analyzer as well. Plan to allocate 5-10 minutes for that towards the end. Good luck !

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,931 Views)