Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification Nugget: CLD - Certified LabVIEW Developer

@champ065 wrote:

Hello

What different design patterns did you practice? I am only practicing with the simple state machine and QSM. Is there another you would recommend I practice?

I can say that the practice tests are very relevant to the real thing.  Whatever skills you have employed with the practice tests will serve you well on the real test.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 48
(5,987 Views)

Can we make some simple templates of subVI and type-def. cluster and a blank project with them before exam?

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 48
(5,470 Views)

@udbbj6 wrote:

Can we make some simple templates of subVI and type-def. cluster and a blank project with them before exam?

I would guess "no".  Only what is built into LabVIEW is allowed.  Though, you are supposed to be given a little bit of time to setup your environment (QuickDrop, palette settings, other things in the Options menu).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 48
(5,467 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@udbbj6 wrote:

I would guess "no".  Only what is built into LabVIEW is allowed.  Though, you are supposed to be given a little bit of time to setup your environment (QuickDrop, palette settings, other things in the Options menu).

Yes you can!  Its a really nice way too practice for the exam.

Of course,  you cannot use those templates during the exam.... but, it's still quality work for you to do.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 48
(5,463 Views)

Many thanks for your answer. I think I can make them in the beginning of the exam. It will only take a few minutes. I think the following four things before reading the spec. should be useful:

1. Copy the folder from USB stick onto the desktop of test PC
  2. Build up an empty project and add all files and folders (auto populating) into it
  3. Make A SubVI sample based on the template “SubVI with Error Handing”, and change the default icon to a “basic framework”. If I need it later, just “create unopened disk copy”.
  4. Make a cluster sample by changing the control type to “Type Def.”, and also change the default icon to a “basic framework”.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 48
(5,453 Views)

@udbbj6 wrote:

Many thanks for your answer. I think I can make them in the beginning of the exam. It will only take a few minutes. I think the following four things before reading the spec. should be useful:

1. Copy the folder from USB stick onto the desktop of test PC
  2. Build up an empty project and add all files and folders (auto populating) into it
  3. Make A SubVI sample based on the template “SubVI with Error Handing”, and change the default icon to a “basic framework”. If I need it later, just “create unopened disk copy”.
  4. Make a cluster sample by changing the control type to “Type Def.”, and also change the default icon to a “basic framework”.

Any suggestions?

A few problems with that.  The USB Drive is what you will send in.  It will contain a project.  Copying it to C:\ and using auto pop folders will get you a fail since the USB drive won't have the code on it!

File》New...  from Template works great and just save an icon template .  No need to rebuild a perfectly round wheel unless you save one as a vit and include a documentation starter.

And,  read the spec first;)

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 48
(5,445 Views)

Thanks again for your tips. Sure, I will copy my code from C:\ to USB Drive before I hand it over at end of exam. Or you suggest that I should work directly on USB Drive?

And, does the USB Drive also contain a project in current exam? According to the sample exams and many discussions from the forum, it seems like there is only Main VI, as well as two folders: SubVIs and Controls, maybe some csv, txt or ini files in the drive, no LV project.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 48
(5,439 Views)

Work on the thumb drive.  Especially if you have the bad habit of using auto populating folders. They are like sucking your thumb.  Cute for a baby but you should outgrow it!.. they only help synch project explorer and windows explorer.  Windows explorer should never be open while writing LabVIEW code... personal pet peeve.  And a common problem with newer developers hanging themselves with project conflicts

The lvproj will be supplied.   Normally the project is so obviously a requirement that we fail to speak about it... like breathing. 

In...out...in...out.  oh got that! Now how do I write code?  But,  breathe too when you sit the exam...urinate first.  And do all the other things that keep you alive as well.  Concentrate on the code.  Mechanics should be second nature by the time you schedule the exam... you might think about delaying and trying for some classroom time with a professional  

Bear in mind that... I've spent years making sure that you cannot make a mistake in LabVIEW that I have not already regretted making myself.   A few hours with a mentor can go far. 

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 48
(5,436 Views)