From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I take the CLD at NIWeek if my CLAD expires August 3rd?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I took the CLAD at NIWeek 2011 and am now looking to take the CLD. However, my CLAD expires August 3rd, before NIWeek begins. I have two questions:

1. If I register for a CLD at NIWeek, does my CLAD still hold even though it expires the 3rd?

2. If not, can I take the CLAD at NIWeek and, assuming I pass, take the CLD that same week?

It's still cheaper to take both exams at NIWeek then to take the CLD beforehand, but not by much.

Thank you,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,117 Views)

My understanding is that you have to have a current CLAD to take the CLD.  So, on paper, the answer is no.  But get with your local NI rep and have them talk to your training and certification person.  They might be able to pull some strings for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lukepike

Please do send the request to certification@ni.com. 

Sometimes issues come up regarding travel and such, and accommodations are certainly made.  Our goal is to facilitate certification and to be reasonable for all advanced requests alerting us to the issues.  For some customers we do not have testing facilities that are close by, and plans are made in advance to accommodate these situations.

Good luck, be sure to use the preparation materials such as the sample exam, the forum, and the CLD preparation web cast.  

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Global Demo and Equipment at National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,108 Views)

Thank you both, I will certainly contact NI about it.

Thank you agin,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,100 Views)