Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call for better solutions to CLD success Package exercises (Reward points available)

All

Assigned myself Challenge 1 (Timer) - personally i think this should change to incorporate some form of pause functionality as most CLD exams require pausing of a time (car wash for example), this would bring it more into line with the exams and take it away from using the timer express vi which lets say has its limitations....

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Jono

J Hobson
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(709 Views)

Sorry, I was sidetracked with more important issues, but I posted a preliminary version of a #16 solution here. Please review.

LabVIEW Champion Do more with less code and in less time
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(697 Views)

@JCH_26 wrote:

Assigned myself Challenge 1 (Timer) - personally i think this should change to incorporate some form of pause functionality as most CLD exams require pausing of a time (car wash for example),

Jono

I agree, knowing how to do an elapsed time with a pause ability is very useful for the CLD.

I'll be happy to take #15

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(419 Views)

Hi all.  Happy to see some movement here!

On adding Pause to CLD 1:  Careful -- the exercises are intended to build.  Exercise 1 is an introduction to timing.  Exercise 2 introduces using an FGV for the timer, and Pause is added in Exercise 3. 

If the consensus is that it would be helpful to add Pause to the non-FGV timer using the Elapsed Time Express VI, perhaps it could be added as an "Extension" section, and the Extension solution saved separately.  Or perhaps you could take a look at CLD 3, verify that Pause is introduced & handled well.

Title Description
1 Elapsed Time Express Simple Timer using Express VI, Elapsed Time & Reset
2  Elapsed Time Express Caller Timer FGV using Express VI, Elapsed Time & Auto Reset
3 FGV Timer Timer FGV using Get Date/Time in Seconds, Elapsed Time, Auto Reset & Pause
4 Event Structure Time Out  
5 Parse Config Data File Read .ini, parse to  Cluster
6 CSV file utility Read/Write .csv, parse to Cluster Array
7 Time Stamp Parsing Parse Time Stamp to Strings
8 CSV file commands utility Read/Write .csv, parse to Cluster Array
9 Step Sequencer with Express Timer  
10 Elapsed Time Express VI Step Sequencer  
11 Producer Consumer  
12  Sequencer State Machine Sequence steps based on data loaded from a file.
13 Flow Rates  
14 Timer Application State machine, loads time targets from file, runs timer for  durations, with  pause and cancel
15 Text String Parsing Reads .csv then parse, processes, formats, and save data in a new .csv  file
16 State Machine with Enables and Disables  
17 GUI keypad Read keypad GUI, output in string and numeric format. 
Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(414 Views)

My solution for 15 is posted here (This is my non work account, -ATEENGE)

Also, I'd be happy to do another if desired.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(238 Views)