cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPI certification

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am interested in getting the CPI certification.  Does anyone know if NI CPI cert is available to individuals who don’t work for NI or NI alliance partners?

Thanks for your help,

Palpro,

CLD, CTD

Message 1 of 4
(6,224 Views)

It is.  Most people who want to get the CPI are contractors and therefore are Alliance Partners that way.  But there are also several of us who just work for a company that wants their employees trained and the CPI just works internally.  There's one at Lexmark in Lexington, KY (last I heard) that does that.

You should get a hold of your training representative and/or your local NI rep to get the talks going.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(6,215 Views)

Thanks Crossrulz,

Bummer!  I love teaching and I love LabVIEW.  I thought it makes sense to be a CPI.  The CPI requirement document didn’t even mention about this limiting factor; and I spent the last 6 months going through teaching, communication, and presentation books as a result.  I am glad that I studied, but I am still a little disappointed.

I want to be a contractor for NI, but tt looks like I need to open a company to be a NI Alliance partner.  CPI route looks rough...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,195 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sangbui_palpro

Why a bummer?  I didn't think I said anything that said you couldn't be a CPI without being part of an Alliance Partner.  Like I said, I know guys that just do it for their large company (not affiliated with NI at all).  It does sound like being a CPI is a good path for you.  The requirements document makes it sound worse than it really is.  You have to be at least a CLD and then take a 2 day course, most likely at NI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(6,184 Views)