cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD-recitification: understanding a sample question

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Community,

I am going through a sample cldr exam and I have encountered the following question that I don't understand (see attached image). The answer to that question is a. Why is that so? The properties of the VI are set "Show front panel when called = True". That means, that when the VI runs, the front panel would open thus be loaded into memory. This is contrary to the answer.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,793 Views)
Solution
Accepted by labviewette

@labviewette wrote:
The properties of the VI are set "Show front panel when called = True". That means, that when the VI runs, the front panel would open thus be loaded into memory.

Not quite.  The VI is being loaded and then told to run.  That is different than calling the VI.  If you use the Call By Reference, then the front panel is loaded because it is just a dynamic subVI.  But the Run Method loads that VI as if it is a top level VI.  Just use the Call Chain to look at the value in the dynamically called VI and you will see this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,780 Views)

As well as what crossrulz said, look at the help for the run vi method.  It intentionally ignores some front panel properties including....FP.Show when called.  The method does not load the fp.

Luckily, run vi method is improved with the asynchronous call by reference node in later LabVIEW versions (which have a different boolean constant look.)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,729 Views)