Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD question 39

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone know what q39 of this paper  is about?  One of the problems with these revision papers is that I can't look up icon symbols with a google search !  See attachment.

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,409 Views)

That is a feedback node with additional features turned on.  A delay of 3, the enable terminal, and initialized with an array of data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,354 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Barionics

@Barionics wrote:

Does anyone know what q39 of this paper  is about?  One of the problems with these revision papers is that I can't look up icon symbols with a google search !  See attachment.

The style of the boolean constant tells us that this example is older than LabVIEW 2010 (See here ;)) It's a bit stale.

The use of feedback nodes with delays "not equal -1" is relatively rare and showing the enable terminal with a TRUE constant wired to is is pretty pointless. They might as well hide it. I would consider the details here not essential for regular work, except maybe for FPGA stuff..

Still, here are some details.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,336 Views)

Thanks! I think this illustrates the point that CLD R asks awkward questions about things that we don't use very much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,328 Views)

@Barionics wrote:

Thanks! I think this illustrates the point that CLD R asks awkward questions about things that we don't use very much!

Well, some questions are intentionally difficult to get some resolution in the top percentiles :o.

If your knowledge is sufficient, you will pass, even without knowing the answer here. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,319 Views)

If you really dig into the prep material and study the exam.....you'll come up with a reasonable guess that questions 39 and 40 would cover "New Features "   

The Z transform addions to the feedback node are well discussed in the upgrade notes of 2009.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,272 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

The Z transform addions to the feedback node are well discussed in the upgrade notes of 2009.

Except that the delay setting has nothing to do with the appearance (FN vs Z-transform) and the question 39 actually shows it as plain feedback node, not as Z-transform (enable terminal shown or not). The difference is purely cosmetic (size, sign formatting of the delay value) and I am not even sure why we need two styles....

NoZ.png

Also, both nicely auto-adjust in size for long delays:

NoZ2.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,252 Views)