Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD exam preparation for 2017

Hi,

I'm going to take CLD exam. I have only 10 days to exam date. currently I'm completing sample exam question 4 1/2 hrs (with Functionality, documentation , and style too). but documentation took 1/2 hrs to complete full documentation.

I'm in the need of tips to how the style is get evaluated. and how to utilize the time correctly.

please suggest me to make much better to get CLD certifications.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,575 Views)

Hi Pavithran, the time crunch is very real on these exams. I felt that time was even tighter for me on the CLD than the CLA. It helps to have bits of code memorized before you go into the exam. For instance, all of the prompts have some sort of timing requirement, so if you practice making a timing Functional Global to get your time down, that could be useful. I also went in with the mindset of using a state machine similar JKI's state machine, and I had memorized how I would make "add states to queue" and "parse state queue" VI.

As far as documentation goes, most of it should be done as you go. 

Style should be quite easy to nail, just be careful that your top-level VI looks nice, and then make sure your SubVIs are small and specific, so you can just use auto-cleanup and they will look nice.

That just leaves functionality!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,509 Views)

Thanks for your replay

currently I'm cleared with some points.and I practicing much more to complete in time,

but documentation make me to get worried because it has 10 points.

And I'm documenting free labels, VI description, tip strip for controls in all VI's  it tooks 15-20 min.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,490 Views)

The tool tip on controls is only needed on the top level VI (the GUI).  Everything else should just be done as you go.  In total, I may have spent 5 minutes on documentation.  It does go faster if you do it as part of the design process.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,485 Views)