From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD ex1 solution

Solved!
Go to solution

for CLD exercise 1, I did not use the "invoke node" in the beginning.also before the error out, I did not use the "simple error handler".

it seems working too.. but how much points would be deducted in this exercise?

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,899 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author idjuven1

Hi idjuven,

After reviewing your code and the requirements, I think that not having the invoke node wouldn't get you all the points as for the functionalities. It is clearly stated that you need to initialize the front panel as shown in Figure 1, which might not be the case in your code. E.g. if you leave the Auto Reset button set to false before starting your VI...

I would then recommend to use the invoke node or any other way to make sure that your front panel is initialized properly.

For the Simple Error Handler, it really depends if this is your main VI or not. If your VI is meant to be used as a SubVI, then do NOT use the Simple Error Handler. You don't want your subVIs to trigger error pop-ups one after the other thus stressing the user.

If your VI is the main VI, NI recommends to use the Simple Error Handler at the end of the application to alert the user of any error that would have appeared. Nevertheless, having a proper error handling strategy (like log and erase, or stop the application properly) within the code is good option. You should plan ahead about the way the errors may affect your application and then take the right actions.

Hope it helps, feel free to ask questions 🙂

CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
Message 2 of 4
(4,888 Views)
not about points friend.. you have to make a code which can run on less memory. using fgv will be good practise.. so prefer timer fgv.

there are more methods to do timer fgv..
Regards,
Sathish Kumar A
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,903 Views)
We need to use invoke node to reinitialize the fp
Regards,
Sathish Kumar A
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4