cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD doubt

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

Thank you all for sharing tips, suggestions and CLD experience.

I am taking CLD tomorrow and my doubt is

1.should I use the provided VI as it is and save it or should I create solution folder as given in the practice exams and save it separately?

2.which version of LabVIEW I may get?

thanks again.. and any last minute tip..Capture.PNG

bp
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,482 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bharathp10

@bharathp10 wrote:

1.should I use the provided VI as it is and save it or should I create solution folder as given in the practice exams and save it separately?

2.which version of LabVIEW I may get?

1. I think the instructions tell you to make a copy when you put it back on the USB drive.  It has been a few years since I took an NI exam, so I am not going to swear by this.

2. If you are supplied a computer by NI, you will most likely have LabVIEW 2017.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(3,450 Views)

hi crossrulz

so it's better to put it in a solution folder, I will ask the instructor once tomorrow.

thank you.

bp
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,446 Views)

Finished CLD yesterday, As everyone suggested time is the key,

The requirement wasn't that difficult, failed to decide which method is best for solution cost me miss some requirements,the mouse also slowed me down(I suggest CLD participants to carry mouse including myself if results go bad).

I started with event structure and in the middle I realized some requirements will be difficult to complete again changed the code, somehow I managed to complete but couldn't finish 3 functionalities. I have documented for all the sub vi, main vi, added tip strips and vi icons, but forgot to process the err node so bit disappointed. 

Overall it was good experience ..waiting for results. 

bp
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,414 Views)

hi crossrulz,

received certification email today.

In the evaluation report for style and guideline they mentioned "Control terminals on connector pane not on top level block diagram" what does that mean. I had configured the connector pane.

bp
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,380 Views)

@bharathp10 wrote:

hi crossrulz,

received certification email today.

In the evaluation report for style and guideline they mentioned "Control terminals on connector pane not on top level block diagram" what does that mean. I had configured the connector pane.

Obligatory link

Its clear as mud

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 6
(3,237 Views)