Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Windows Display Scaling

What are the Windows Display Scaling settings and Windows version used to grade the style of the CLD exam?

Display Setting.png

These settings can have a large impact on style in certain versions of Windows.

This is a subVI (from one of my sample exam solutions) that passed all style-related VI Analyzer tests at 100% (tested on Windows 10 VM, but has same appearance when copied into physical Windows 7 computer)

Car Wash Update State Data.vi Block Diagram _100 percent.png

This is the same subVI at 125% Windows 7.  It clearly would fail several tests.

Car Wash Update State Data.vi Block Diagram _125 percent.png

This is the same subVI at 150% Windows 7.  It is much worse.

Car Wash Update State Data.vi Block Diagram _150 percent.png

Windows 10 seems to handle things better (different vi, as I am using LV2009): 100%

Temp_100 percent.png

175%

Temp_175 percent.png

Note that I took and passed the CLD a couple weeks ago.  However, knowing these settings could make a 1-2 point difference on future results for other developers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,200 Views)

Hello TomOrr0W

The CLDs are graded on several different computers, some Windows 7, some Windows 10.  All are on standard 100% display settings, we have no reason to modify this setting.  But thank you for making us aware, if we should happen to have reason in the future. 

Also please be aware, if a candidate has reason to believe their score does not reflect their code for any reason, they are free to contact us at Certification@ni.com and request a review. 

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,053 Views)