Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Success Package Exercise 4

Hi,

I'm really courious about a part of the solution of the exercise 4 in the CLD success package

.cld4_boolean.png

For me, it makes no sense. If Boolean 2 is true, it selects true, if false, its false. Why not directly wire it to the inidcator?

Thanks for the enlightment

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,529 Views)

I haven't looked at the exercise but you are correct that you can just wire the boolean input to output and have the same effect.

Maybe it is trying to lead you to do something in a future exercise? Is this straight from the solution?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,513 Views)

Yes, that's straight from the solution. I just marked it and made this snippet. I'll keep my eyes open in the next exercises, but so far I'm releaved, I was right to be curious 🙂

Best

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,504 Views)

This example is a perfect justification to have every developer of those packages read the Rube-Goldberg thread before and after they submitt the code.Smiley LOL

In defense of the originator, He or She is not the only person to have used "Select" the exact same waySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy OTOH, I doubt anyone who reads the R-G Thread makes that mistake again.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,440 Views)