Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Success Package - Exercise 2 Challenge (pause)

I am trying to follow the logic of the pause solution of the Elapsed Timer Express VI solution provided, but it seems resistant to probing (at least in LV2016 - 16.0f5).

I am trying to probe the Set Start Time input to the Elapsed Time Express VI - I have tried both a normal probe and putting an indicator on the front panel of the VI. In both cases, the value shown (either on the probe or the indicator) never ever changes regardless of the status of the Pause button, and it is always the value 3633300000.

This can't be a conversion issue or a data accuracy issue else the sub-VI wouldn't work. It seems that I can't view the full precision of this double.I can typecast it to a U64 and U32 and see all the decimal places i need. Is there a way to increase the accuracy of the DBL display with a probe? I think it would help with the intelligibility of this exercise, being able to see time down to the second.

EDIT: Duh. I can increase the visibility of the indicator by increasing the significant digits / digits of precision from six to something reasonable. Still not sure how I could improve the accuracy of the probe though.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,408 Views)