CLD-R tip

Remember what Version the test covers.

(Ah, thats better)

V V V

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,446 Views)

I see you FINALLY passed.  Congratulations!

So what version did you think it was going to cover vs what version did it really cover?  And how did this make a difference?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(6,444 Views)

I knew it was on 2009 I expected it to be on 2009 I forgot that this code did require a buffer allocation in 2009 and that an IPE in 2009 would Help rather than hinder its performance (The IPE benchmarked slower in 2011- someone wrote an new optomizer in the meantimeSmiley Surprised and this appears to operate inplace)

oops.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,440 Views)

5 years later and it's still there. Sample exam 2, question 21. There's no reference to which version of LV the question applies to.

http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_CUSTEDCLDREXAMPREP/US

21. Your application has a performance requirement to complete certain operations within a specified time period. After testing your implementation, you determine that one of the operations consistently fails to meet its performance requirement. Using the Profile Performance and Memory tool, you identify a single subVI as the main performance bottleneck. The block diagram of the subVI is shown below. The VI is currently set at the "Normal" priority level. Which of the following techniques would be most effective in decreasing the subVI's execution time?
a. Place the increment function inside a For Loop with indexed tunnels for the array input and output
b. Use an In Place Element Structure to replace the Unbundle and Bundle functions
c. Set the subVI's Priority property to "subroutine"
d. Use a global variable to pass the cluster to the subVI instead of a queue reference

The correct answer is "none of the above". A is about as valid of an optimization as B

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,711 Views)

@nanocyte wrote:

5 years later and it's still there. Sample exam 2, question 21. There's no reference to which version of LV the question applies to.

http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_CUSTEDCLDREXAMPREP/US

21. Your application has a performance requirement to complete certain operations within a specified time period. After testing your implementation, you determine that one of the operations consistently fails to meet its performance requirement. Using the Profile Performance and Memory tool, you identify a single subVI as the main performance bottleneck. The block diagram of the subVI is shown below. The VI is currently set at the "Normal" priority level. Which of the following techniques would be most effective in decreasing the subVI's execution time?
a. Place the increment function inside a For Loop with indexed tunnels for the array input and output
b. Use an In Place Element Structure to replace the Unbundle and Bundle functions
c. Set the subVI's Priority property to "subroutine"
d. Use a global variable to pass the cluster to the subVI instead of a queue reference

The correct answer is "none of the above". A is about as valid of an optimization as B

So, call NI!  Really I don't think that you understand wtfuata.  Those sample exams are too get you to think critacally about your knowledge. 

Changing the examples should be easy....submit to NI....

Changing the exam requirements or questions requires proof!

So that people cannot sue NI for their failing result.

So, learn!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,708 Views)