Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD-R sample exam question #37

Hi all,

I've been looking over the most recent CLDR sample exams and I'd like clarification on the answer to one of the questions.  I figure that since the question is publically available, it's ok for me to refer to it here.

The question is from sample exam #1.  The specific question is #37.  Code is shown in which "This VI's path" is stripped twice and a path to a subVI is built using "build path" and a subVI name (i.e. therefore using a relative path to refer to the subVI).  The resulting path is then used to open a reference to a subVI.  The subVI is run dynamically using a Call by Reference Node.  The reference is then closed.

The question states:  "Which of the following steps must be taken if you decide to build the block diagram shown into an executable?"

The possible answers are:

a. The file path needs to be stripped one more time because the build process will add another layer to the file structure, causing problems

b. The VI that is being called dynamically needs to be manually added to the build specification

c. The application window will not close when the executable has been stopped.

d. One or more functions will not work outside of the development environment.

The correct answer is given as "b".

I think "a" is an equally valid answer.  The build process DOES add another layer to the file structure, thus goofing up all the relative paths, and that needs to be accounted for when building executables.

Why on earth would you offer two correct answers to a question and only accept one as the "right" answer?   That makes no sense to me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,953 Views)

Never mind, I may have noodled through this one successfully on my own.  It might be worth coding up to check, but I'm thinking that if the dynamically called VI is manually added to the build, its path changes as well, keeping the relative path relationship intact.

Message 2 of 3
(6,950 Views)

a. The file path needs to be stripped one more time because the build process will add another layer to the file structure, causing problems

\ The source file settings Set destination  can be configured " the same heirarchy so this is not absolutly needed  (And Diane, the paths are stripped from the other end so a folder in front is no problemSmiley Wink)

C & D are not actions Smiley Surprised this is the worst sort of distractor.  Random statements that don't fall into the rule of the question.

E.G.

What questions will you find posted to the NI Forums

A.I have a problem with communicating to a device on a serial COM port.

B.Why on earth would you offer two correct answers to a question and only accept one as the "right" answer?

C.You should use an Express vi for that!

D.Here is a link to a KB article.

B is the only correct answer but many examinees will choose the bad distrators.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,943 Views)