Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD-R sample exam #2, question #11

Question #11 

Answer A is the stated correct answer according to the sample exam answers section.

Correct me if I am wrong but Merge Errors ONLY reports the FIRST error.  If multiple errors occur with those four error lines,

ONLY one will be reported by error out, not ALL errors.

Where I am going wrong with this one...is it because only one input to Merge Errors is used?

(the error out line looks like a non-array input (thus how could all errors be reported without and array of error outs???)

Thanks,

Ryan

Certified LabVIEW Developer
LabVIEW 7.1 - Present
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(13,527 Views)

Yes, this is a tricky one.  You are correct that only one error can be reported.  But sometimes you just have to select the "best" answer.

b and c are out since an error in one write will cause downstream writes to not happen (breaks reliability).

d does not allow for a specific sequence.

Therefore a is all that's left.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 24
(13,524 Views)

Exploring "Select the most correct."  you have two requirements. 

[REQSHTDN001] Make three values F

[REQSHTDN002] Report all errors

A. and D are the only ones that meat any and are equally correct. 

[REQSHTDN003] turn of values in sequence 

Might be implied by the provided "Correct" answer but, cannot be determined for the available information.  Therefore, It is a bad question. 

I know NI is invested in these types of improvements please, stand by

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 24
(13,509 Views)

I agree with Jeff, are we to just assume that a specific order is to improve reliability.  This just makes it more repeatable not reliable.  I am reviewing for my recert and was bothered by this question.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(13,023 Views)

How is any answer that is only 50% correct "The Best Answer"?????

It is flat out a bad question and needs to be revised or removed!!

NI needs to step up and provide testing that tests knowledge not obscure trick questions.

Really.

LabVIEW 7.1 - Present
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(13,014 Views)

@GPeople wrote:

NI needs to step up and provide testing that tests knowledge not obscure trick questions.

Believe me, NI knows.  They are making strides.  Their main problem is a lack of good questions.  If you think you can come up with better questions, try enrolling in the Certification Rewards Program.  Do so by joining the community group and then sending an email to Zaki saying you accept the terms and get writing those questions.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 24
(13,010 Views)

I have requested to participate in the Certification Rewards Program....

I will try to come up with 3 -5 variations of this question that are 100% accurate and are nonambiguous.

Thanks!

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

LabVIEW 7.1 - Present
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(13,001 Views)

As Jeff mention A and D are more close to answers but when we look at the diagram,  in this case specific order doesn't improve reliability but the error passed from clear error will cause problems. So in case A without checking error condition we will be executing shutdown code with reliability, as shutdown code need to executed even an Error occured. so in this case it would A and not even D when considering reliabilty also.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(11,429 Views)

While this is an old thread, I have just failed on my CLD-R yesterday by one point, and this was a question I have missed by marking D as the correct answer.

Shutting down in a specific order was not a requirement, so I dont understand why should I assume that it is. If I follow this logic then I may want to assume that the order of the variables are wrong, so answer A executes the shutdown in the wrong order, therefore D is the only valid answer as it may executes the shutdown properly.

At the same time if NI would mark D as the correct answer then I could argue that D has no benefit over A, right?

I believe this is by all means a very unfair question with a debatable answer.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(10,762 Views)

I believe I know the question.

There was one "Best Answer"  none of the distractors met all the requirements.

SO, that explains 1 out of 40.  Can you blame that 1 question? not really.  Did you review and refresh on LabVIEW core 1-3?  Trust me, I was shocked at my first CLD-R results as well!  Yet the CLD-R focuses on the aspects of being a CLD that are not often apparent on a practical exam.  And YES, for a 40 question multiple choice exam, its about as tough as they come.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(10,748 Views)