Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD-R preparation material

@Slim60 wrote:

Be very careful when using these sample exams.  I have passed my CLD-R recently in my 3rd attempt.  After finishing the exam and completing all my answers, there was a time left to review my wrong answers without having the chance to modify them.  I noticed that there were 3 of them that were exactly the same as the sample exams and hence my answers were the sample exam answers.  I was surprised that those answers were wrong in the real exam but right in the sample exam.  Luckily, I passed , but I would have had a better grade if those answers were considered right.   It makes me think about the previous 2 failed exams. It could have been the case of answering the same as the sample exam and being marked down in the real exam. In that case, I could have passed in my 1st attempt.

What is the point of having sample exams with wrong answers.  This can mislead anyone.

I don't understand, but I don't care, I passed.  I am sorry, I signed a non disclosure agreement about the exam, so, I can't reveal what questions I am talking about.

I can assure you that you are mistaken.  Some example exam questions cover the same concept as the live exam but are not identical.  you will also find similar questions in the online Core 1 and 2 module assessments

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,495 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@Slim60 wrote:

Be very careful when using these sample exams.  I have passed my CLD-R recently in my 3rd attempt.  After finishing the exam and completing all my answers, there was a time left to review my wrong answers without having the chance to modify them.  I noticed that there were 3 of them that were exactly the same as the sample exams and hence my answers were the sample exam answers.  I was surprised that those answers were wrong in the real exam but right in the sample exam.  Luckily, I passed , but I would have had a better grade if those answers were considered right.   It makes me think about the previous 2 failed exams. It could have been the case of answering the same as the sample exam and being marked down in the real exam. In that case, I could have passed in my 1st attempt.

What is the point of having sample exams with wrong answers.  This can mislead anyone.

I don't understand, but I don't care, I passed.  I am sorry, I signed a non disclosure agreement about the exam, so, I can't reveal what questions I am talking about.

I can assure you that you are mistaken.  Some example exam questions cover the same concept as the live exam but are not identical.  you will also find similar questions in the online Core 1 and 2 module assessments

I'm not so sure Jeff. I've found at least 3 questions on the sample exams that are definitely still giving the wrong answers (and have been since 2011). I've spoken to my local NI reps, read the white papers and even trialed the functioanilty in LabVIEW to prove that I'm not wrong. Anyone learning the sample papers by rote and then comin accross an exact question in the exam is liable for a fall if they hit one of those!

I'd trust the real functionality (and real exam) over the sample papers ever time. I don't trust those sample papers to provide a good accurate practice test at all. (If there are false fails I've found, are there a few false passes I've  missed too?)

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
Message 12 of 15
(1,457 Views)

I came across the same question in two Sample Exams with different "correct" answers. These exams were downloaded from the NI's CLD-R Preparation Materials at

http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_CUSTEDCLDREXAMPREP/US).

The first exam's question 6 has the "correct" answer as "D" in the Solutions page.

RagMan_0-1579819759685.png

The second exam's question 4 has the "correct" answer as "B" in the Solutions page.

RagMan_1-1579819845783.png

I am confused...to be honest, i think the correct answer is A!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,050 Views)

Hi RagMan,

They are not the same question. For option (b) "latch when released" is not the same as "latch until released". For option (d) "filter event" is not the same as "notify event".

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,041 Views)

@RagMan wrote:

I am confused...to be honest, i think the correct answer is A!

Definitely NOT A because it does not generate an event every X ms.  If another event is generated first, that timer resets.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,035 Views)