Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD-R preparation material

I am working on the CLD-R practice exam 1 and 2.  Would they be enough preparation for the CLD-R exam?  Or are they other things that I should be looking at?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(10,220 Views)

@jyang72211 wrote:

I am working on the CLD-R practice exam 1 and 2.  Would they be enough preparation for the CLD-R exam?  Or are they other things that I should be looking at?

Speaking from recent experience, memorizing studying the practice questions/answers will help you on the actual test.  I would, however, spend time studying the topics mentioned in the review guide.  It helped me.

One thing to keep in mind is that some folks around here think that NI gets some of the questions wrong...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 15
(10,206 Views)

From a recient run-in with the CLD-R examSmiley Embarassed I can tell you that many of the questions directly relate to materials in the CORE I, II and III presentations. 

After I finish the series I will retake the exam.Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 15
(10,181 Views)

I didn't take the Core classes, so I guess I am out of luck?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(10,170 Views)

There is the online training.

Message 5 of 15
(10,166 Views)

ohh, the free online training that comes with the service agreement?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(10,163 Views)

@jyang72211 wrote:

ohh, the free online training that comes with the service agreement?

Correct!   Sorry I was unclear

Message 7 of 15
(10,160 Views)

@jyang72211 wrote:

I didn't take the Core classes, so I guess I am out of luck?

Not at all. 

• Look at the CLD-R Exam Preparation Guide and study the items in the table on page 5. 
  • Take the practice exams and program all of the questions until you understand what's going on. 
  • Look at the examples that ship with LabVIEW for each topic to further your understanding. 
  • Read these forums, searching for CLD-R practice exam questions and understand the answers given by the community.

Good luck.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 8 of 15
(10,153 Views)

Be very careful when using these sample exams.  I have passed my CLD-R recently in my 3rd attempt.  After finishing the exam and completing all my answers, there was a time left to review my wrong answers without having the chance to modify them.  I noticed that there were 3 of them that were exactly the same as the sample exams and hence my answers were the sample exam answers.  I was surprised that those answers were wrong in the real exam but right in the sample exam.  Luckily, I passed , but I would have had a better grade if those answers were considered right.   It makes me think about the previous 2 failed exams. It could have been the case of answering the same as the sample exam and being marked down in the real exam. In that case, I could have passed in my 1st attempt.

What is the point of having sample exams with wrong answers.  This can mislead anyone.

I don't understand, but I don't care, I passed.  I am sorry, I signed a non disclosure agreement about the exam, so, I can't reveal what questions I am talking about.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,131 Views)

Hi Slim60

Please forward a description of those questions to Certification@ni.com.  We'll want to investigate.  There are three possibilities (just by logical category, not commenting on your case):

1)  The exam may be mis-keyed (wrong answer on the exam).  We'll need to know, and we can adjust the grade accordingly for your exam and others.  Since the exams are very old, the odds are against this being the case, but we will investigate (ok, sorry, commenting just a little). 

2)  The Sample Exam question may have the wrong answer.  Again we'll need to know, I should be able to fix any such.  There may be cases described in the forums -- sample exams are not covered by the NDA. 

3)  There may be subtle differences between the sample exam and the actual exam.  In such cases I can at least let you know. 

We do appreciate your continued use and support of LabVIEW.

Best Regards,

Elwood

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,127 Views)