From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD-R paper 2 - question 33

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

For the code below , Ans is given as A(execution of invoke node generates an erro ). is this correct?

shouldnt the answer be D(code will execute without any error).?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(7,900 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LV_user1

My guess was A before seeing the answer is A, and a quick test confirms it.  The error is generated because you are attemping to set control defaults, of a running VI which you can't do.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(7,891 Views)

I hate the CLD-R exam so much that I take the extra year NI allows before sitting for it.  I thought of taking the CLA to avoid it, but there's the CLA-R. 

The moral of this story is to recertify by earning points.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(7,889 Views)

You can't change the code of a VI that is running.  Since it is trying to change code of itself, you will get an error.

I have heard many horror stories about the CLD-R, but this is a question that is really straight forward.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 15
(7,883 Views)

Hi All,

I completely overlooked the question.

I thought the property of invoke is Reinitialize all values to default which executes in run time also..

This CLD-R is not a easy job it seems!! huh...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(7,859 Views)

@LV_user1 wrote:

Hi All,

I completely overlooked the question.

I thought the property of invoke is Reinitialize all values to default which executes in run time also..

This CLD-R is not a easy job it seems!! huh...

No, it is not!  The CLD asks you to demonstrate some compentancy in delivering a solution using good software practices in LabVIEW.  The CLD-R Exam asks you to demonstrate the knowledge.  "Can you do this?" and "How would you do this?" are definately different questions!  The Self-Paced Online training can be a valuable resource in passing the CLD-R Exam.

Recert by Exam requires that you keep up studying SE in a LabVIEW environment.

Recert by Points shows about the same interest in personal growth!  In fact, some of those courses are worth recert points (More if you teach them! and, if you really want to learn something try to teach it!)  

That being said: I have a Failed and a Passed CLD-R by exam under my belt....And a CLD Recert-By-Points waiting for next April to be active.  Some would say I should have just CLA'd instead of re-certing CLD (Stop it Tim!)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(7,842 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote

That being said: I have a Failed and a Passed CLD-R by exam under my belt....And a CLD Recert-By-Points waiting for next April to be active.  Some would say I should have just CLA'd instead of re-certing CLD (Stop it Tim!)

I have nothing more to say at this time...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(7,834 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Just interested, why haven't you gone for CLA?  Crossrulz's questioning has made me believe that it's some deep dark secret.

Also Crossrulz, your signature is kind of messed up.  I don't know if there is a size limit but it cut's off like half of your link.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(7,821 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Crossrulz's questioning has made me believe that it's some deep dark secret.

Not so much a secret, Tim just loves giving Jeff a hard time about not taking it, as an observer, it makes me laugh every time.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(7,812 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Crossrulz's questioning has made me believe that it's some deep dark secret.

Not so much a secret, Tim just loves giving Jeff a hard time about not taking it, as an observer, it makes me laugh every time.

Why would YOU laugh?  (Ahem- someone needs to take a test)  

No, it is no "deep dark secret"  The level of competancy between CLD-R and CLA is essentially moot.  CLD is more "Approachable" to my clients.  Moreover, (comma. pause for effect) until receintly my NI Certification period would have been SHORTENED by taking the CLA (good for 4 only years) over the CLD Recert-by points that isn't even active yet.  That's 4 billable hours I do not need to sacrifice for a while to pass the CLA exam.  (I believe I can justify the exam cost with certain arraingments)

But, Tim just keeps giving me crap because he likes to visit Austin in March and misses me.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(7,807 Views)