cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Question

Solved!
Go to solution

hi everyone 

if someone fail in passing the CLD certification exam , what is the periode that he need to wait to re-take the exam?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,318 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mon3am

You can attempt it twice in 6 months. If you are retrying it, I believe you can get 50% off by emailing the certification team.

See page 3: https://www.ni.com/pdf/custed/us/cert_faq.pdf

Message 2 of 9
(5,295 Views)

thank you gregoryj

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,291 Views)

Hello,

I am going to take up CLD next month. Any tips or tricks to reduce the time for development.

The practice exam takes more than 4 hrs. I have heard that the actual exam takes more time than practice exams.

Regards,

Bharath

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,095 Views)

Know how to quickly bring up your framework of choice, either from memory or from one of the NI project templates. It will be good to have 2 or 3 in your head and choose the one that best completes the problem, though a state machine is often a great place to start.

I don't know if the actual exam is harder, but I was definitely more nervous on test day. I was required to bring my own laptop for the exam, but I was not used to the laptop keyboard, so I brought a USB keyboard and mouse as well 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,087 Views)

@பரத்_குமார்(bharathkumar) wrote: Any tips or tricks to reduce the time for development.

QuickDrop and the shortcuts in it.  There are even default shortcuts as of LabVIEW 2016.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,083 Views)

Hello Gregory,

Architecture wise, state machine has been removed from template . i have seen .ini file read and write from examples, which i am planning to use. Any other I can use from examples?? 

Talking about Nervousness, Even thinking about the time duration scares me Robot Sad

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,066 Views)

Hello crossrulz,

Thanks for the tip. yes I am aware of the shortcuts.(thanks to my trainer ). 

Any tip like How i should handle the time. 

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,064 Views)

@பரத்_குமார்(bharathkumar) wrote:

Hello Gregory,

Architecture wise, state machine has been removed from template . i have seen .ini file read and write from examples, which i am planning to use. Any other I can use from examples?? 

Talking about Nervousness, Even thinking about the time duration scares me Robot Sad

I was using the JKI state machine a lot around the time of my exam, so I used this blog to help recreate it quickly. With some practice you should be able to make it in about 10 mins.

http://blog.jki.net/community/pass-your-cldcla-exams-the-jki-way

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,041 Views)