Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Exam Tips

Hi Everyone,

I am preparing for the CLD exam. Please clarify below questions.

1. Is it mandatory to submit the application in project style format or is there any weightage for project style application than without project style.

2.Can we use high level functions or express VIs for developing the CLD applications for example write to spreadsheet file.vi or elapsed timer.vi

3.Do we have VI Analyzer tool during our CLD exam.

Regards,

Vijay.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,425 Views)

Hi,

I guess a good developper always use a project, so you HAVE to use the project. (read the CLD exam preparation document if I remember correctly it is mandatory)

It is okay to use the write to spreadsheet function since it is used in sample exam solutions.

Regards,

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,421 Views)

@vijay.kumar wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am preparing for the CLD exam. Please clarify below questions.

1. Is it mandatory to submit the application in project style format or is there any weightage for project style application than without project style.

2.Can we use high level functions or express VIs for developing the CLD applications for example write to spreadsheet file.vi or elapsed timer.vi

3.Do we have VI Analyzer tool during our CLD exam.

Regards,

Vijay.

You can use any design pattern and make any design choice, as long as you can back up your reasoning. Out of interest, why would you not want to use a project?

You can use any API, toolkit, and functionality that is found in vanilla LabVIEW (i.e. none of the VIPM add-ons). Express VIs are included in standard LabVIEW, as is the VI Analyser