From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Exam Results Turn-around Time?

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 45
(5,752 Views)

Built in laptop camera is sufficient.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 45
(5,751 Views)

Does someone know, whether there are some requirements about configuration files usage? Usually I use configuration files to store limits there. But is it needed for the exam, or I could hardcode them just? In such a case, will it influence on the final points?

And also, how is it with documentation? Should I comment all the steps?

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 45
(5,724 Views)

I just got the results after 19 calendar days.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 45
(5,705 Views)

Hi kosist90,

It sounds like you need to download the CLD Preparation Guide and CLD Sample Exams: https://learn.ni.com/badges/resources/1255 

Documentation is a big part of the marking criteria (25%) - so yes, document it! But again check the preparation guide and sample exams for pointers on what to document and content. My strategy this time around was to memorise all my comments before the exam and do the documentation first, before any real coding, instead of trying to cram it all in in the last 10 minutes. Worked a treat - I got 10/10 for documentation.

Limits - I don't think you'll find limits in the CLD. The exam is more about selecting the right architecture and responding to user input. Can't stress it enough - do the practice exams! Because what you'll be examined on is going to be similar to the practice exams.

The key is to do all the practice exams and memorise the core architectures (eg queued message handler, producer/consumer etc) and the core functions (timers, disable front panel objects etc) so that you can immediately recognise what is required for you exam, get the core stuff down first and document it. Then work on the functionality. At least that's what worked for me.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 45
(5,698 Views)

Hi Nightshade42,

sorry for the confusion - I wanted to ask about CTD exam, but wrote the question here, to CLD thread... Most probably I was blind at that moment... So please, consider my question as irrelevant here...

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 45
(5,686 Views)

I am waiting for my CLD results since 2 weeks .. sent mail to NI but no response. Any other alternative ways to do it ?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 45
(5,197 Views)

kotha_mahesh, NI could evaluate CLD results min. 4 weeks. So I believe you just need to wait a bit more.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 45
(5,194 Views)

Hello, 

The evaluation of the exams can take up to 4 weeks depending on how many exams are in the queue.

Regards,

Harutyun Habashyan

Quality Assurance Engineer

NI

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 45
(5,186 Views)

Does the Ctrl+Space work while we are taking remote access? If not, then there is no point in taking the exam, NI can't expect us to search for each function by going through the palettes. It's time consuming.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
System Test Architect
Electrical Engineering
JLR
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 45
(4,706 Views)