cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Exam Results Turn-around Time?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I just took the CLD exam online, how long does it usually take to get the results?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 45
(11,040 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CollinsAero

In the past it's been 2-4 weeks, but I don't know anyone who has taken it recently (or online for that matter!)

Message 2 of 45
(11,028 Views)

thats a long time! haha

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45
(11,013 Views)

Our SLA is 30 calendar days from the exam date. However, due to the current situation, the backlog is quite small, so I would expect a much shorter window,probably  closer to within a week or two. 

Nate

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
Message 4 of 45
(11,008 Views)

Can you please share your online test experience. They have been upgrading their system, hence I was curious about the changes.

Best Regards,
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Certified Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45
(11,000 Views)

The experience was not bad.  I was expecting a lag because it was remote but there didn't seem to be a noticeable lag.  What I did not like was that the screen resolution was off.  It was low resolution so so everything was supersized.  I think you may be able to ask the proctor to adjust the resolution for you.

My connection did drop out in the last 30 mins of the test but I was able to log back on.  I was hard wired via ethernet.

Overall, I would much prefer online over having to take it in person due to convenience and flexibility.

Message 6 of 45
(10,938 Views)

Hi, I just took my CLD online last week and thought I'd share my experience. Overall, it wasn't really a problem, but I did have an interesting "niggle" (more on that below).

First, treat it as a real exam (because it is) - your webcam is on and you are being watched. No food, no drink, no headphones, no talking, not even mouthing the words. You will be chatting to the proctor via live chat. Before the exam, they ask you to pick up your laptop / webcam, pan around the room, show them above and below the desk, under your keyboard etc, so they can see you have no notes or tech or anything. Check it out here:

https://home.psiexams.com/#/faq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvqONzwF2nM

Second, registering was fairly straight-forward. Create an account, do your payment etc. There will be exam times listed that you can nominate in half-hour intervals, so it gives a bit of flexibility.

Third, the online experience was mostly seamless with only a barely perceptible lag. The LabVIEW environment is default settings, so you may need to remember how to change environment settings if you're used to things a particular way (eg I turn off Place front panel terminals as icons and Auto-insert Feedback Node in cycles).

Fourth (my "niggle"), I use keyboard shortcuts a lot - particularly Ctrl-W to close LabVIEW windows. The problem with the online exam is you're accessing a virtual machine through Chrome and Ctrl-W doesn't close the LabVIEW window, it closes Chrome! That means you have to reopen Chrome, log back into your exam and then wait for the proctor to give you access again! You might possibly have to explain yourself too. After doing this accidentally five times, I actually ripped the W key out of my keyboard!

Message 7 of 45
(10,849 Views)
Thank you guys for your feedback. Yeah the shortcut problem has been discussed before on this forum.

Best Regards,
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Certified Architect
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45
(10,828 Views)

Did you get your result? How long did it take

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
(10,287 Views)

Yes, I got my results - it took around three weeks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45
(10,282 Views)