cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Exam Questions

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a couple questions on my upcoming CLD exam.

1) What version of LabVIEW is likely to be used?

2) The CLD practice exams state that constants should be labeled, does this include every "0" index and "false" boolean constant?

3) In the Boiler example problem, the solution changed the mechanical action of the buttons from switch when released to latch when released. Is this allowed?

4) Is there a clearer version (or hard copy) of the checklist shown in the first CLD success video?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,710 Views)

I will take the exam next month.. good luck..

1. if in a local NI office, should be 2017.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,705 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mpalframan

Hey,

1. As stated earlier, the most likely is taht you will have the latest version of LabVIEW, so 2017. You can still the certification team at your local branch to clarify those points.
  2. Labelling constants should have a purpose. I mean you can totally label a FALSE or TRUE constant to help a colleague understand what you are doing. It is up to you. As for constants for index an array, the function should be self explanatory. In any case, remember that the point of commenting is to explain things. If you think that an explaination is necessary, label the constant.
  3. The only rule I know concerning the front panel is that you cannot RENAME the controls and indicators. So modifying the behavior of a button should be totally fine.
  4. Which check list ? The one with all the green cells used to grade ? I think there is no such thing as it is primarily used by NI graders.
CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
Message 3 of 3
(5,674 Views)