Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD: Do you have to create the GUI from scratch?

I'm a little confused, because the ATM Machine example instructions seem to imply you're supposed to create the front panel from scratch. It also gave specifications on the Account.txt file.

However, some posts on this board have led me to believe that a GUI (and even data files) are provided for you ahead of time.

For people who have actually taken the exam: do I need to practice throwing the GUI together when I run through the practice exams, or should I be copying over the front panel from the solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,050 Views)

In my opinion, you should be prepared to do everything. However, I agree that recent discussions have suggested the Front Panel is now given to you.

(7,042 Views)

Hi,

It seems like the FP is given to you (as yenknip said), I'll take the exam shortly I will let you know what they give to you.

The sample exams are old exams so they are not updated.

Regards,

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,040 Views)

Additionally, if you are prepared to draw the FP and you find out you don't, then you've gained an extra 20-30 minutes 

(7,031 Views)

In your exam packet, a USB stick will be provided. The USB stick will have the following:

• A folder hierarchy consisting of two folders: SubVIs and Controls. You must use the folder hierarchy as provided and save your work in these folders.
  • The main VI with a fully developed front panel and the associated typedefs saved in the Controls folder. You must utilize the front panel as given. Note: You will have fill in the tips/description for the Controls, the VI documentation and develop a simple icon.
  • A data file (.csv or ini) file needed for the application

We are currently in the process of updating the sample exams to reflect this change. The updated samples will be available in the first week of July.

Thanks

Zaki Chasmawala | Certification Development Group Manager | Training & Certification | National Instruments | certification@ni.com

Message 5 of 9
(7,030 Views)

Zaki beat me to it. Long response deleted. 🙂

Regards,

Mallori

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,027 Views)

As you said, "SubVIs" and "Controls" folder is available in "USB Template" folder.

Both the folders are empty, .ctl file is not available for Sprinkler and ATM example program.

http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_EKITCLDEXMPRP/US. 

Plz check the above link.

Regards,
Sathish Kumar A
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,440 Views)

Hi ksathish,

This post is over 5 years old. Were you just making a comment on the CLD exam? If you have a question, it would be best to start a new thread to address it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,433 Views)

Ok.. 

@Gregory wrote:

Hi ksathish,

This post is over 5 years old. Were you just making a comment on the CLD exam? If you have a question, it would be best to start a new thread to address it.

Regards,
Sathish Kumar A
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,421 Views)